Winners and losers of the week (27 Feb - 2 March 2012)

Hmmm.... did Telkom not pass on the lower rates immediately when they became available (last year, when others did not *cough*) and then say they will review them again in August when they file the new tariffs with ICASA?

Alan

Honorary Master
This is pointless. Telkom wins loser of the week by default as long as it's in existence

XConnect

I laud all telcos that reduced their retail rates on 1 March. It was not only Neotel and they deserve a mention but there is no specific reason why they should be singled out as their user base is not massive and there are dozens of voice service providers in the market now providing good services.

Bern

Expert Member
I would have made MTN the loser of the week for the Cell C number blocking débâcle. Add the Blackberry service issue and lack of communication to that and they are actually making Telkom look good. Honestly you can't expect Telkom to suddenly drop rates when they have a fixed date for doing that and they are in the middle of that anti-competitive case to the tune of R2.5 billion:wtf: At least they [Telkom] have an excuse, MTN doesn't.

VC get hypocrite of the week for announcing unified communications where voice will be forwarded over the network at no charge while at the same time threatening Cell C over their client forwarding calls:sick:

skimread

Executive Member
I would like to nominate wozaonline as winner and loser.

Loser because only on Wednesday after launching like a month ago with huge fanfare did they only enable domain registration i.e. you can get a .co.za domain name for free (first year). not sure they informed anyone as I was nagging them about it. This will not happen automatically. You have to follow the process in the admin setting of the site.

Winner - at least they did add it finally and informed me.
Help desk is helpful so they get plus points for that.
Vodacom Business is sponsoring the domains.