Wireless broadband in Port Elizabeth?

oceanmasterza

There probs are not usually the contention ratio of their internet backbone, but rather of there wireless backbone.. e.g. I don't think it's not a good idea to put 100 clients on one board/sector/grid!

So come 18:30 and everyone gets home and wants to catch-up on their youtube viewing... 64kbit x 80 clients (over 5mbit) doesn't talk nicely together through a 2.4 sector!

granny

My, my, my, how things have changed since these aerosat postings! It is now December 2009 and you couldn't wish for a bigger mess! I suppose like the Govt - everyone some time or another gets greedy and service becomes non existent! I'm making my own survey as to who offers what. Cheers

KillerB

Thanks erMaC, will do..

Anyone know by the way if their system supports Linux?
They claim on their site to have Linux professional's on their staff, but they don't actually specify what OS's their sys runs on..

Thanks!
they use mikrotick its linux based for me they where crap when its an bit sloudy outside i could not even open and webpage by myself and i hade an 512k connection...

Nivek77

Is there Any1 else but aerosat in p.e. that provides wireless. So far as a prospective client im not impressed with their response

IceQB

Expert Member
Thought I'd ask in here rather than start another topic.
Who/where/which stores sell wireless equipment in PE?

arabianmaiden

We've got the 20Mbps uncapped line and paying under R750...then again maybe it's just for old clients?