Wiring a day/night switch

supersunbird

Honorary Master
How do I wire one of these?

Daynight2.jpg

I'm trying to help my elderly neighbour with a security light at their garage. Tried to wire it up but it didn't work. Cannot understand this diagram correctly:

Daynight1.jpg

Anyone able to explain what I need to do clearly? That wire from the Load to N confuses the hell out of me.

presh63

The brown is the source of the live from the DB board. The red is the load which goes to a light. Basically those two wires are like wiring a switch with the switch being the sensor. The blue is neutral to power the switch.

Hope that helps

presh63

Sorry blue is to power the sensor. The blue doesn't do much else except power the switch and light. The live is broken to change the power state of the light

supersunbird

Honorary Master
The brown is the source of the live from the DB board. The red is the load which goes to a light. Basically those two wires are like wiring a switch with the switch being the sensor. The blue is neutral to power the switch.

Hope that helps
The light itself has a blue and brown wire (works when wired directly). So I wire the lights brown wire to the red and the blue to the blue?

presh63

That wire from the neutral to the load is just the neutral needed to power the light. To understand better basically imagine the load as a light. The neutral is split to the sensor and light. And the live first goes to the sensor then the load (light) so it can toggle off and on.

Sorry for the broken reply was trying to explain as best as possible.

presh63

The light itself has a blue and brown wire (works when wired directly). So I wire the lights brown wire to the red and the blue to the blue?
Assuming there is a switch for the light then you will need to cut the brown wire from the switch (live source) to the light. The wire from the switch (source) will need to first go to the brown wire on the sensor. Then the red wire from the sensor will be connected to the brown wire going to the light as mentioned. The blue wire from the sensor will need to be split so it goes to both the sensor and the light.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Connect the brown and blue to the mains live and neutral respectively
Connect the red to the light's live
Connect the light's neutral to the same terminal as the blue.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Your red is your switch wire, so from your 220v Brown ( live ) it connects directly with brown of sensor. 220v Blue (neutral) directly with blue of sensor.

Brown from lamp directly to red of sensor and blue from lamp directly to where the blue of sensor and blue of mains join.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
OK, I think I get it now.

House brown gets joined with sensors brown.

House blue gets joined with sensors and lights blue.

Sensors red gets joined with lights brown.

Right?