Withdraw 35k cash from bank

d0b33

Honorary Master
I plan on getting a second hand car and paying for it with cash, thing is I've never withdrawn more thank 5K from the bank in cash so nervous about this... are there any fees involved? (I'm FNB client) and are banks willing to part with that cash easily? any experience here?

Last edited:

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Its your money. Why would they have a problem?

Can't you do an EFT? Its much safer.

noswal

Executive Member
Banks charge you for depositing cash, not withdrawing. Phone ahead and ask for it to be made up in R200 notes.. it won't take up that much space on you. Perhaps take a trusted friend or family member with you to spread the burden.

Smurfatefrog

Expert Member
If I was you I'd much rather take the seller into the bank with you & get the bank to transfer it into his account in front of him if you dont have access to internet banking. It will save you the risk & save him cash deposit fees

The other option is to get a bank guaranteed cheque

Keeper

Honorary Master
Dude, I don't think banks have a lot of money in there - I Think the most one can draw is around R15,000 because any more than that and the bank would be empty.

You should be worried - You're gonna have a hard time get even 10% of that money back, if ever....

upup

Executive Member
Lady in our city withdraw R70 000 the other day.
They ask her what its for, she said for her children.
The bank tellers warned her against the schemes and ask why her kids need it.

She tooked it, went out and gave it to the schemer, and lost it all.

d0b33

Honorary Master
Its your money. Why would they have a problem?

Can't you do an EFT? Its much safer.

I planned on EFT but then again some people won't part with the car until it's cleared and within that time the car could be sold to someone else(with the cash) then I need to fight for a refund...

Banks charge you for depositing cash, not withdrawing. Phone ahead and ask for it to be made up in R200 notes.. it won't take up that much space on you. Perhaps take a trusted friend or family member with you to spread the burden.

Good idea, I'll take bags with... lol looks like I'm robbing the place

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Lady in our city withdraw R70 000 the other day.
They ask her what its for, she said for her children.
The bank tellers warned her against the schemes and ask why her kids need it.

She tooked it, went out and gave it to the schemer, and lost it all.

I'll never come to yur city!

Maddmatt

Expert Member
Now that's something I'd avoid doing at all costs in SA. Makes you a great target if any criminal finds out about it. Stealing cash is a hell of a lot more tempting than other property like a car since they don't have to go through the effort and risks of trying to sell it.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Now that's something I'd avoid doing at all costs in SA. Makes you a great target if any criminal finds out about it. Stealing cash is a hell of a lot more tempting than other property like a car since they don't have to go through the effort and risks of trying to sell it.

Ye! Does anyone know where Aqua Lung stays?

PM me!

d0b33

Honorary Master
Yeah, that's why I'm a bit nervous... I could call ahead and ask the bank..

but If a buyer agrees with EFT that would be best I suppose, if I can get it cleared quickly.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Yeah, that's why I'm a bit nervous... I could call ahead and ask the bank..

but If a buyer agrees with EFT that would be best I suppose, if I can get it cleared quickly.

If it same bank, the transaction is immediate.

Else three to four working days.

feo

Honorary Master
EFT is just as good as cash though. Carrying around R35k in hard notes is very dangerous!

Which seller in their right mind wouldn't be willing to accept EFT?

Executive Member
A bank guaranteed cheque is a much better option than walking around with large amounts of cash on your person.