• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

Woah - how good is the Chrome dev browser?!

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I heard that the new Chrome redesign is already live in the dev and canary Chrome channels, so I installed the dev one. Holy cow it's amazing!

- Noticeably faster page loading for me
- The new design is really cool
- All my extensions work and loaded automatically upon logging in

You can get it here:
https://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel

Definitely my new browser.

RedViking

Honorary Master
Yes I "Paid" $25 for it on thepiratebay:whistling:

Actually I would, been using it for years and years, absolutely love it.
I try it for 30 days and then buy it if it works all the time. I'm currently using Free Download Manager but it is a hit and miss.

Sweevo

Honorary Master
Cool! You might want to turn off it's auto association with certain files. I prefer to just have it grab using context sensitive menus otherwise certain links default to download instead of open in a new window. It's easy enough to set though.

Last edited:

gamer16

Expert Member
I try it for 30 days and then buy it if it works all the time. I'm currently using Free Download Manager but it is a hit and miss.
It's a good little app, setting it up to capture all downloads is easy, removing some of the stupid notifications can be googled.

The main thing I use it for is to que video & movie downloads between 12-6 wherever I find them as I don't have have access to Fibre or ADSL where I live. So I make use of Telkom's 450gb thing, the downloads are also almost always pause and resumable so I can just add them using very little data during the day and have them download automatically in the evening

RedViking

Honorary Master
Cool! You might want to turn off it's auto association with certain files. I prefer to just have it grab using context sensitive menus otherwise certain links default to download instead of open in a new window. It's easy enough to set though.
Great, I'll check it out.

It's a good little app, setting it up to capture all downloads is easy, removing some of the stupid notifications can be googled.

The main thing I use it for is to que video & movie downloads between 12-6 wherever I find them as I don't have have access to Fibre or ADSL where I live. So I make use of Telkom's 450gb thing, the downloads are also almost always pause and resumable so I can just add them using very little data during the day and have them download automatically in the evening
Currently I'm using FDM for this.