Woman drove her rapist to police station

mercurial

MyBB Legend
A New Zealand woman drove a man who raped her in the back of his car to a police station after he fell asleep, news reports say.

After the attack, he allowed her to drive and fell asleep in the passenger seat so she drove him to Auckland Central police station, the New Zealand Herald reported on Wednesday.
More...

sand_man

Honorary Master
I hate fooking rapists.
I hate fooking them too...

They make the chicks tough in NZ. What an idiot but how apt?!!! At least he will be well rested for his hearing this morning...

TheHiveMind

Banned
The link between unbelievable stupidity and criminals is made apparent once again by a mercurial special lol

sand_man

Honorary Master
Phenom? You sure you got the right thread there b? This thread is dedicated to Mercurials fascination with the Lords macabre sense of humour...

Turtle

Expert Member
This story sounds very fishy to me - come on, who REALLY believes that a man who has just raped a woman will then 'let her drive' his own car while he then goes to sleep in the car? That is actually ridiculous, and the fact that we'll believe something so ridiculous is testament to how far we've taken the "men are always guilty, always believe the woman's version of the story" religion. This woman met a man in a bar and got in his car. I hate rapists as much as the next guy, but nobody should have to go to prison for something they didn't do, and it DOES happen that women accuse men of rape after regretting consensual sex, or for whatever other reason.

Sherbang

Executive Member
This woman met a man in a bar and got in his car. I hate rapists as much as the next guy, but nobody should have to go to prison for something they didn't do, and it DOES happen that women accuse men of rape after regretting consensual sex, or for whatever other reason.
Excuse me? Since when is 'meeting a man in a bar and getting in his car' the same as consenting to sex. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this forum and I've read some pretty ridiculous things here. Maybe it DOES happen that women accuse men of rape after regretting consensual sex, but it happens MORE OFTEN that women are raped by men who don't worry about consent.:mad:

TheHiveMind

Banned
This story sounds very fishy to me - come on, who REALLY believes that a man who has just raped a woman will then 'let her drive' his own car while he then goes to sleep in the car? That is actually ridiculous, and the fact that we'll believe something so ridiculous is testament to how far we've taken the "men are always guilty, always believe the woman's version of the story" religion. This woman met a man in a bar and got in his car. I hate rapists as much as the next guy, but nobody should have to go to prison for something they didn't do, and it DOES happen that women accuse men of rape after regretting consensual sex, or for whatever other reason.

You have a point. Gladly, he will not be punished based on our assumptions, or her accusation alone. She will need to prove it which should not be impossible.

Turtle

Expert Member
Excuse me? Since when is 'meeting a man in a bar and getting in his car' the same as consenting to sex. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this forum and I've read some pretty ridiculous things here.
Huh? Did you read everything I wrote, or only the tiny out-of-context snippet you made bold, from which you then leaped to a fantastic, wild and incorrect conclusion about what I was saying?

Sherbang

Executive Member
Huh? Did you read everything I wrote, or only the tiny out-of-context snippet you made bold, from which you then leaped to a fantastic, wild and incorrect conclusion about what I was saying?
Yes, I read everything you wrote. You have this (ridiculous) theory that the women accused this man of rape after regretting consensual sex, which makes no sense whatsoever since she has absolutely nothing to gain or benefit from doing such a thing. After espousing this theory you throw in this line: This woman met a man in a bar and got in his car. which, in the context of what your theory, implies that because she did that she was consenting to sex with him. If that is not what you meant then please explain what you meant by that line...:confused:

Turtle

Expert Member
in the context of what your theory, implies that because she did that she was consenting to sex with him
My "theory"? Where did I write that? All I'm saying is, looking at ALL THE FACTORS (this being just one little one amongst several VERY "off" sounding things, like, uh, the dude having a nap afterwards and handing her the car keys ... surely, if you're reasonable and suppress your "OMG rape!!!" knee-jerk psychological reaction for a moment, you must admit that that sounds A LOT more like the behaviour of someone who genuinely believes that there was consent, than someone who knows he just raped a woman ... does that really sound reasonable to you? Which seems more likely?), things don't look to me quite as they seem on the face of things. It's called "circumstantial" ... the bit about the bar merely contributes (as one small part) to a *bigger picture* of a probably more likely explanation.

I'm not saying that it was consensual, but I *am* saying that the evidence (based on the article) does NOT look strong enough to me to put a possibly innocent person away, just because we all feel very strong emotional revulsion about the act of rape in general. Rest assured I'm as horrified as you about rape, and do NOT think women "ask for it" with their behaviour, but I also happen to believe in (a) not letting emotions cloud one's judgment in cases where a (possibly innocent) man's entire life and reputation are at stake and (b) the concept of "beyond reasonable doubt" and (c) avoiding putting innocent men in jail just because you heard the word "rape" and saw a finger pointed at someone. Maybe you think it's better to put every man in jail that any woman makes a rape accusation against. I don't, so on that we don't and never will agree. I'd rather a few guilty men go free than a few innocents sit in jail. False accusations DO exist, and are relatively common even. When it comes down to one person's word against another, one must unfortunately start drawing lines, and look at the facts of a case objectively to see if it looks unambiguously like rape. This is about as far from unambiguous as it gets ... I DON'T think we can know it was consensual, I'm saying I don't think we can draw a reasonably certain conclusion one way or the other at all.

Let me make it more obvious: Answer the following question REASONABLY: After having sex in his car, a man takes a nap and let's the woman drive his car. This behaviour sounds:

(A) More like the behaviour of someone who thought he'd just had consensual sex
(B) More like the behaviour of someone who just raped the woman

You must pick one or the other. (And a man, possibly innocent, will go to jail depending on what you answer, so we're looking for "beyond reasonable doubt" as our impartial standard. You probably already assume he's some monster but he could be someone normal like you or me.)

Last edited:

CorneN

Expert Member
The fact that the guys fell aslep makes you wonder if he did not actually understand it as concenting. a Normal criminal would be outa there as soon as the deed was done.

Either that or he is REALLY stupid.