Woman hurt in shoot-out

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/woman-hurt-in-shoot-out-1.1570256

Durban - A woman, 68, is recovering in hospital after she was struck by a stray bullet during a hijacking incident.

The woman was shot in the leg when she was caught in crossfire between police and hijackers on Neptune Drive, Verulam.

Police spokesman Colonel Jay Naicker said one suspect had been arrested.

The man will appear in the Verulam Magistrate’s Court today to face a charge of hijacking.

Naicker confirmed a bystander had been struck in the leg by a stray bullet.

Local security company, Reaction Unit of South Africa spokesman Prem Balram said two men had hijacked a Toyota Tazz in Cottonwood Road, Trenance Park.

The suspects then noticed a police vehicle parked at a stop street and assuming police were responding to a hijacking alert, opened fire on the police officers.

The policemen returned fire and chased the suspects into Zwelisha.

Daily News

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did she not stay indoors? When caught in the open just go down asap. If not you might never get up again. Bullets do not know whom they were ment to kill.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Ahhh I was about to ask where your normal inane and unrelated comment on the story was...

Good to see you don't disappoint as usual.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Ahhh I was about to ask where your normal inane and unrelated comment on the story was...

Good to see you don't disappoint as usual.
I asked him to put his comments in the second post so that we could keep the first post for the actual article. ;)