Woman who drove off with traffic cop on the bonnet of her car arrested, faces trial

Jan

Drifting in the black
Woman who drove off with traffic cop on top of her car arrested, faces trial

The woman who drove with a Gauteng Traffic Police officer on the bonnet of her car was arrested for resisting arrest and reckless driving. This is according to a statement from the Gauteng Department of Community Safety.

News of the 27 year-old woman’s arrest comes after a video of her driving with the traffic officer on top of her car was shared on social media.

The video shows an Audi driving at some speed while the traffic officer holds onto the front of the car, demanding that the driver stop.

R13...

Honorary Master
Wasn't there another in Durban who also drove off with a dead officer on the roof or something? IIRC she got no jail time either.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Wasn't there another in Durban who also drove off with a dead officer on the roof or something? IIRC she got no jail time either.
Yes I recall an incident like that a while back.

Jings

Treasure Maker
What some people will do to avoid getting a ticket.

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
Very reckless and stupid behaviour. Although given the state of policing in South Africa I do wonder if this is all there is to this story?

Splinter

Honorary Master
Very reckless and stupid behaviour. Although given the state of policing in South Africa I do wonder if this is all there is to this story?
What? Ja, the driver thought she was being victimised, so decided to prove her point by doing an attempted murder sort of thing

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
What? Ja, the driver thought she was being victimised, so decided to prove her point by doing an attempted murder sort of thing
Whilst not condoning driving off with a police officer draped across the front of your car, you do hear stories about bribes being levied and all kinds of stuff at road stops. I'd like to know the whole story ok.

flarkit

Executive Member
Unless there's evidence of actual danger to her person, I think this individual has landed herself in some serious trouble.