Woolworths Credit Card

abudabi

Expert Member
Would think so.. it's a normal CC after all. So if there's online portals or shops that accept CC payment in return for selling electricity I can't see wahy not.

Marsie27

Hi there,

Is it possible to buy prepaid electricity using a WW cc?
I do so all the time. For a few months last year (Cape Town) we had to do so as a separate transaction, but I saw yesterday that nonsense had stopped.

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
So I'm not sure if my normal hot drink vouchers (11 Feb 2019 expiry date) got converted into this one for 2 cappuccinos/lattes, or is it my imagination? Did I just lose them?

Screenshot_20190211_134352.jpeg

Last edited:

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Sorta. You can now get any drink hot or cold. The other voucher is new and you didn't lose anything.
What I meant was I thought I would have 2 x vouchers for coffees to the value of R44 expiring on 11 February but instead I found the 'Two tall cappucinos' voucher instead. I think I forfeited the 2 x R44 vouchers :(

Daruk

Honorary Master
This thread is to discuss anything related to the Woolworths Credit Card
I hear they copied all the major banks. The format of the card is almost identical to FNBs.

TheTwo

Expert Member
Their statements cannot show the difference between a debit and credit and you an view a statement online Beyond 30 days at the moment

Awesum

Expert Member
What I meant was I thought I would have 2 x vouchers for coffees to the value of R44 expiring on 11 February but instead I found the 'Two tall cappucinos' voucher instead. I think I forfeited the 2 x R44 vouchers :(
If you didnt use it by the 11th then you would lose it.

Marsie27

If I heard 702/CapeTalk correctly tonight, ABSA will be leading the way in SA in having portrait mode CCs, instead of the current landscape mode, so I guess our WWCCs will as well. Unless it was a misplaced 1 April news item (or I misheard what they said), that will surely be the first time ABSA has done any leading?

Awesum

Expert Member
Back in the late 90s ABSA gave free internet to everyone.

Last edited:

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
If I heard 702/CapeTalk correctly tonight, ABSA will be leading the way in SA in having portrait mode CCs, instead of the current landscape mode, so I guess our WWCCs will as well. Unless it was a misplaced 1 April news item (or I misheard what they said), that will surely be the first time ABSA has done any leading?
Discovery bank all-ready have this.

Marsie27

Hey, Awesum, I just checked and ABSA was the first bank in SA to do internet banking, in 1996.