Woolworths Credit Card

Catal

Spoke with Woolworths Finance call center and apparently one can do EFT from WW CC online banking to beneficiaries, with those transactions still being 55-day interest-free.

Could anyone confirm this?

If so, does this mean one can max out CC, put in interest-bearing acc. and get free interest for 55-days?

Sphinx21

Spoke with Woolworths Finance call center and apparently one can do EFT from WW CC online banking to beneficiaries, with those transactions still being 55-day interest-free.

If so, does this mean one can max out CC, put in interest-bearing acc. and get free interest for 55-days?
Highly unlikely to be true. This almost universally only applies to "payments" done with the card itself. I'd be genuinely surprised if Woolworths offered an exception.

electrix

Please get this in writing. And test out for us.

Tinuva

The Magician

Try this at your own risk. I am sure it will be the quickest way you will feel like a dumbass for believing that story.

The EFT part is true, the 55 day interest free on the EFT loaned money.... :ROFL::laugh::ROFL::laugh:

Snyper564

Expert Member
HIGHLY unlikely, that's interest from day one kind of stuff. In America this works because you have accounts with 0% for 6 months not here. 20% plus day one!

Sphinx21

HIGHLY unlikely, that's interest from day one kind of stuff. In America this works because you have accounts with 0% for 6 months not here. 20% plus day one!
Even in the US, 0% APR is usually applied only to balance transfers from other credit cards - kind of like switching banks. Whenever you transfer cash from a credit card or use it at an ATM it gets penalised much more than in SA: There is an immediate "cash advance" penalty fee and then you pay a special interest rate higher than your purchase rate.

Marsie27

We shopped for groceries at the same out of town PnP 7x while away in April, 2 of those transactions got put on budget, which I only realised when the statement came last week. I am familiar with the card machines at the tills so no issue there. WW (when I got the rest of the installments put on straight) said merchants have to verbally confirm you want the items on budget, PnP head office says ditto, and also that you then have to pick a budget period on the card machine. That didn't happen in these 2 cases. Any of you ever had items put on budget without your selecting that, or without asking you?

electrix

We shopped for groceries at the same out of town PnP 7x while away in April, 2 of those transactions got put on budget, which I only realised when the statement came last week. I am familiar with the card machines at the tills so no issue there. WW (when I got the rest of the installments put on straight) said merchants have to verbally confirm you want the items on budget, PnP head office says ditto, and also that you then have to pick a budget period on the card machine. That didn't happen in these 2 cases. Any of you ever had items put on budget without your selecting that, or without asking you?

Y dont u set your budget limit to 0. In this way any purchase paid with this option will decline.

Marsie27

I discussed this option with WWFS, but as they explained it, your budget allowance gets added to your straight limit if that is depleted, and if I am overseas and need to make a big transaction that could be a problem. Before one of our trips a year or two back I tried to get my straight limit raised temporarily, but seeing I am retired they said nah. I have never used the budget option.

Dubai

I don't understand how it's calculated on the savings screen it says quarterly voucher earned but the voucher I received not even close to that figure