Work from home. What does the company provide?

Quintrix

Expert Member
Question for full time employees that have made the (permanent) switch or are thinking about it ( larger companies preferred)

What tools of the trade, benefits, financial assistance have or will your company provide to assist with the switch?

Last edited:

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Question for full time employees that have made the switch or are thinking about it ( larger companies preferred)

What tools of the trade, benefits, financial assistance have or will your company provide to assist with the switch?
I could take a chair home and my monitors. Otherwise nothing. I pay extra for the electricity and the Internet connection. But I get to WFH, even if it's just for now.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Before it happened they said they would pay for our internet connection.
But, never did :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: rh1

maxxis

Expert Member
The reasoning is you don’t spend money on travel anymore so your internet and added electricity cost is balanced out.

I could take my laptop.

Aghori

Honorary Master
Internet, electricity, laptops, UPS, tax break on "office space" in your home and reduced working hours.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
I could take part of my salary but almost back to full time at work again, just much more flexi :)

dadecoza

Expert Member
We were allowed to take our monitor and chair home. There is no financial assistance but the savings on petrol is great.

EDIT: We do get a mifi router with zero rated APN to our corporate network.

Last edited:

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Question for full time employees that have made the (permanent) switch or are thinking about it ( larger companies preferred)

Depends on your expected level of freedom:

Screens; it becomes the companies.
Laptop; it becomes the companies.
Internet; it becomes the companies.

I've only got my work laptop and that is it because I don't want to share-in with my internet.

duckgray

We were allowed to take our monitor and chair home. There is no financial assistance but the savings on petrol is great.

EDIT: We do get a mifi router with zero rated APN to our corporate network.
talking about savings, don't forget about the money not spent buying snacks from the canteen or vending machines at the office.

Snyper564

Honorary Master
All I need is the laptop and internet connection, dont use the internet connection as im on uncapped.

Bought a chair myself - Section 11(e) tax writeoff

Cant complain no 1.5-2h travel everyday. Filed car 2x last 1.5 years

Lupus

Honorary Master
We were allowed to take our monitors, but by that time I had already organised a 27" which was replaced with a 32".
It's half our data allowance covered and our work laptops

notayoba

Expert Member
Been working from home for 13 years now.

I get a R500 subsidy towards an internet connection, a high end laptop, and any travel and accommodation expenses should I have to go to the office.