Working together in Bitou municipality, DA and ANC get rid of mayor

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Cape Town - Despite being political rivals, the ANC and the DA are happy to work together for “strategic reasons,” after the two parties united in Bitou Municipality on Friday to oust mayor Peter Lobese of the Active United Front (AUF) through a no-confidence motion.

According to DA Bitou Caucus leader Bill Nel, starting this morning (Monday) the DA and the ANC would be holding meetings to discuss the parameters of their interaction with each other.

ponder

Honorary Master
Lobese’s AUF had 5% and initially formed a coalition with the ANC to govern Bitou and was rewarded with the mayor’s post. In 2017, the AUF and the ANC fell out and Lobese formed a new coalition with the DA, but this only lasted a year before the AUF and the ANC were working together again.

politicians...

TheChamp

Honorary Master
An unknown party got 5% in this municipality and gave the DA and ANC endless troubles so much that they had to put their differences aside and unite? I would be very worried about Mashaba in Joburg and Tshwane if I were the two big parties.

Cosmik Debris

Expert Member
An unknown party got 5% in this municipality and gave the DA and ANC endless troubles so much that they had to put their differences aside and unite? I would be very worried about Mashaba in Joburg and Tshwane if I were the two big parties.

Exactly. This is what happens with appeasement.