• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

World Cup 2018: Fifa warns broadcasters about focusing on women

Arthur

Honorary Master
The PC Police at FIFA should catch a wake-up. Since most of the broadcast has males in picture, it's good to balance the shots to include females even if they're not on the field. Even if every cut-to-crowd is females only, the whole broadcast is heavily weighed towards males. We need more women.

Last edited:

Neoprod

Honorary Master
The PC Police at FIFA should catch a wake-up. Since most of the broadcast has males in picture, it's good to balance the shots to include females even if they're not on the field. Even if every cut-to-crowd is females only, the whole broadcast is heavily weighed towards males. We need more women.
How's Orania treating you, Arthur?

Techne

Executive Member
Yeah, in the name of equality, male-dominated half time game analyses should be replaced with female world cup swim suit soccer competitions.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
But that would make it unbalanced in my view:

More than half the time the camera's are focused on male athletes running and working up a sweat... the broadcasters just giving the viewers that prefer females something to look at as well?

Neoprod

Honorary Master
I didn't know the residents like you cared. So nice if you to ask. I've never been there, regrettably. I'm an Engelsman.
:D ,passing through the Karoo is the closest I've been.

I don't fit the demographic, I'm afraid...too much melanin.

Sly21C

Expert Member
FIFA should be focusing on eliminating corruption and fraud in its ranks before it starts becoming the so-called authority in other issues.
Corruption is everywhere. The corruption in Fifa was brought to light because the then fifa president awarded world cups to other countries (third world countries), i.e. South Africa in 2010, Brazil in 2014, Russia in 2018 and Qatar in 2022. The USA had no jurisdiction on investigating corruption at fifa.