World-first tech brought to South Africa by Bank Zero

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
He is confident that this innovation can save consumers millions in preventing fraud associated with credit cards.
Lol credit cards already come with chargeback and lost card protection.

“Limiting banking to an app on a smartphone has the benefit of seeing where the customer is and easily pick up when there is a fraudulent transaction out of a strange location,” he said.
It has the drawback of you getting irritated and probably pulling your hair out if you have to make more then one payment. In that case a proper adaptive web IB with a proper screen, keyboard and mouse can save your life.

mr_norris

Expert Member
I am hoping that myBB is at least getting money from them, because this is lame. Why even bother trying to drive up hype when there is still probably a year before they launch to the public.

Swa

Honorary Master
Good to know. Now wake me up when they launch.

Lol credit cards already come with chargeback and lost card protection.

It has the drawback of you getting irritated and probably pulling your hair out if you have to make more then one payment. In that case a proper adaptive web IB with a proper screen, keyboard and mouse can save your life.
I agree, and it's the one thing that will keep me from using them. Unfortunately knowing corporate SA who always know what's best for consumers we won't get that.

Kryptonite

seriously this is such a load of nonsense.....it's not new, it's STANDARD tech that should come with any banking offering.

The days of just being a bank is over, people want cheaper options, no paperwork, hassle free applications for loans and cross functional services that put them first.

Toitjie

Expert Member
FWIW multiple banks around the world have successfully launched mobile-only banks, with zero web ui.

justplain

Expert Member
True and many have no associated costs either. No monthly fees or charges unless you want some additional fancy services/products.

FWIW multiple banks around the world have successfully launched mobile-only banks, with zero web ui.

lord-of-war

I still wonder if the name was the best option they had. Zero what? Fees? Service?

Swa

Honorary Master
Zero customers... Zero balance.
They need to launch or get off the launchpad!
They're doing exactly what they need to be doing unlike some other "banks". Mybb needs to stop these articles.

richjdavies

Expert Member
They are building a bank like a wantrepeneur builds their greatest ever app... They will only build a good product once people start using it.

Good product in the eyes of engineers is a patent with 3 numbers in a card! Or vertical card... Aish!