Worldspace

kaspaas

Expert Member
Hi,

I started enquiring about Worldspace receivers, and it seems as if shops don't carry it anymore.

Does anybody know what the future of Worldspace is?

Does ICASA have any say in satellite broadcasts?

Is there a portable receiver in the market for the "radio channels" of DSTV?

Thanks

South Africa needs World Class Broadband at World Competitive Prices.

LethalChicken

Expert Member
If you in Jhb there are shops in Sandton City that carry it .. I PERSONALLY saw one this friday ...

We are Telkom - Resistance is Futile - You will be Assimilated

ajax

Executive Member
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Does anybody know what the future of Worldspace is?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
They seem to be doing good. They are expanding their selection of channels. Pity though that most of them are now subscription channels compared to when they started.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Does ICASA have any say in satellite broadcasts?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I am not sure, but I think no.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Is there a portable receiver in the market for the "radio channels" of DSTV?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Not that I know of. I think it would be impractical. Pointing the antenna would be difficult but important seeing that it would be smaller than the usual dishes one installs outside. I know of a smaller (portable) dish that camping guys use. But they still use the decoders with them.

My worldspace antenna works through my tile roof! Probably due to the low frequency of 1.45 GHz. Multichoice works on 11 GHz.