Worry that stolen bullets will be used in pro-Zuma protests on 10 August

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
ANC members prepare for more violence on 10 August — report

A protest is already being planned for 10 August when former President Jacob Zuma appears in court, and the police are worried that stolen ammunition could be used in new attacks.

Zuma is currently serving a 15-month jail sentence at the Estcourt Correctional Centre for contempt of court after ignoring an order to appear before the Zondo Commission.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
You'd think with the army around and with a solid reason behind them it would be a perfect opportunity to turn the whole province upside down and see what they come out with.

AntennaMan

Expert Member
ANC members prepare for more violence on 10 August — report

A protest is already being planned for 10 August when former President Jacob Zuma appears in court, and the police are worried that stolen ammunition could be used in new attacks.

Zuma is currently serving a 15-month jail sentence at the Estcourt Correctional Centre for contempt of court after ignoring an order to appear before the Zondo Commission.
A bullet is an inert piece of lead, typically coated with copper. Bullets on their own can do little to no damage.

What you are referring to are cartridges, or ammunition.

Unreal

If only Zuma took responsibility for his actions, tells people to not worry about protesting for him and that he wants his day in court.

Then nobody gets hurt.
I may not be a supporter, but on this occasion I understand where he’s coming from. Like the one time at work I had to submit a complaint about the person I was complaining about to the person I was complaining about. It was never going to end well.

friedpiggy

Expert Member
If there is a second round of violence, I think the insurance companies need to start legal proceedings to recover their money from the anc. There has now been plenty of warning that it will happen and if there is any destruction of property it will be at the behest of anc members on behalf of an anc member. Insurance folk need to grow a pair and all of corporate SA needs to stop letting themselves be held hostage by a single group.

nightjar

Executive Member
If only Zuma took responsibility for his actions, tells people to not worry about protesting for him and that he wants his day in court.

Then nobody gets hurt.
I read, shortly after his arrest, that his prison accessories included a cell phone.
If true, the call detail records would make interesting reading.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master

Then nobody gets hurt.
lol. He is willing to sacrifice his dumb supporters (who is willing to die for him). He become president to loot and steal freely with no consequences.

And lets see 10 Aug if Cyril and co can contain this...

koeks525

Expert Member
I really hope we do not see more violence play out on the 10th August; would be really sad. The Zuma family could have issued a statement to the media (on behalf of JZ), urging supporters not to engage in acts of criminality, but, they choose to be silent and protest on social media.

The sad truth is, poor folk get poorer whilst wealthy folk get wealthier, or they remain unbothered by issues like political instability. Sad times :(

TheChamp

Honorary Master
If there is a second round of violence, I think the insurance companies need to start legal proceedings to recover their money from the anc. There has now been plenty of warning that it will happen and if there is any destruction of property it will be at the behest of anc members on behalf of an anc member. Insurance folk need to grow a pair and all of corporate SA needs to stop letting themselves be held hostage by a single group.
For that to happen and to have a realistic chance of success you need to have an ANC sanctioned event resulting in damages, it's not good enough just to have a member waving an ANC flag and wearing a T-shirt.