Worrying trend in unplanned outages at Eskom - CSIR

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Bad news about load-shedding in South Africa

South Africa experienced 650 hours of load-shedding during the first half of 2021, and Eskom’s data shows a worrying increase in unplanned outages.

This is according to the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), which has released a half-year update of its periodic annual statistics on utility-scale power generation.

Lupus

Honorary Master
1628144548607.png

There we go from March last year till July this year, black and red basically could be combined as OCLF is basically we have the units but we can't dispatch them due to break downs, generators running lower then usual or something like that.
The red if UCLF which is unplanned outages, the orange is PCLF which is planned and green is EAF, which is availability.

HartsockZA

Just bring on loadshedding again, built a sound proof shed and I am ready. Stop being a turd that doesn't come out and join his friends in the bowl ffs

mypetcow

Any here I thought the bad news was that we would no longer see our old friend load shedding ever again.

John Tempus

Executive Member
But Eskom promised Madupi is now completely up and running.

Is that just another lie ? /s

ahhahaha

Lupus

Honorary Master
But Eskom promised Madupi is now completely up and running.

Is that just another lie ? /s

ahhahaha
It's like you read half arsed, they still need to do 2 years worth of work apparently on repairing the other boilers and such. But also if you read this, this was over the first half of 2021.

John Tempus

Executive Member
It's like you read half arsed, they still need to do 2 years worth of work apparently on repairing the other boilers and such. But also if you read this, this was over the first half of 2021.

I read quite well, thanks.

Just a day or two ago we had an article here stating that "Medupi is now complete" , don't let the door hit you on the way out.

From the horse mouth and that is the point I am making, ESKOM loves to claim wild things.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I read quite well, thanks.

Just a day or two ago we had an article here stating that "Medupi is now complete" , don't let the door hit you on the way out.

From the horse mouth and that is the point I am making, ESKOM loves to claim wild things.
yup and read the article

"
“What remains for the Medupi project is the last part of implementing the agreed technical solutions related to the boiler design defects on the balance of plant,” said Bheki Nxumalo, group executive for Eskom’s Group Capital Division.

“Once these repairs are completed during the next 24 months, Medupi will reliably deliver power to the national grid at full capacity, helping increase energy security for the country.”

John Tempus

Executive Member
yup and read the article

"
“What remains for the Medupi project is the last part of implementing the agreed technical solutions related to the boiler design defects on the balance of plant,” said Bheki Nxumalo, group executive for Eskom’s Group Capital Division.

“Once these repairs are completed during the next 24 months, Medupi will reliably deliver power to the national grid at full capacity, helping increase energy security for the country.”

That is not the point.

The Headline states it is complete. Hiding in the article that it is not actually complete is completely opposite to the headline.

I am a billionaire. As soon as I make a billion I will be a billionaire.

Lupus

Honorary Master
That is not the point.

The Headline states it is complete. Hiding in the article that it is not actually complete is completely opposite to the headline.

I am a billionaire. As soon as I make a billion I will be a billionaire.
so you didn't read it then