Worst blackouts in South Africa’s history with stage 6 load-shedding

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Worst blackouts in South Africa’s history

South Africa’s state power company intensified rolling blackouts to a record, signaling a deepening crisis at the debt-ridden utility and raising the risk of a second recession in as many years.

Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd. said on Monday it will move to Stage 6 load-shedding from 6 p.m. local time, meaning it will cut 6,000 megawatts from the national grid, after a technical problem at the giant new Medupi Power Station curbed supply. That’s the biggest cut yet. The utility downgraded the status to Stage 4 as of 10 p.m.

Pythonista

But wait ... National Health is coming too. And when that's bust, I don't think there will be anything else left to break. Or pillage and loot.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
This country is a ****ing joke.
With a majority to stupid to use there votes wisely.
Rolling downhill at an extreme pace.

wbot

Executive Member
Hope the new ceo is enjoying his new job.

*putting on shiny hat*

Eskom's probably being sabotaged by cadres and their allies to get rid of him.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
Hope the new ceo is enjoying his new job.

*putting on shiny hat*

Eskom's probably being sabotaged by cadres and their allies to get rid of him.
I thought of that, too - briefly.
Then I realised that average pervading incompetence is the most parsimonious answer.

Milano

Honorary Master
Municipalities were also caught off guard, with Johannesburg electricity distributor City Power saying it has no load-shedding schedule for Stage 6.

The war room failed to check that the largest municipal distributor had the schedule? Lucky this is not a literal war otherwise we would be done :ROFL:

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Well..... the majority of this country fcked it up. Or should i wait another 20 years to see if there's a change ?
It's like telling a warthog that you give him 15 years to become an elephant. 15 years later ... Ok, lets wait another 10 years, but please make an effort.

Incompetence through DNA or genes or whatever will always be the same.