Worst Vehicle Drivers - Highways

During your travels, which vehicles displayed the absolute worst drivers on the national highways?

• BMW

Votes: 49 44.1%
  • Audi

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Mercedes

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Ford

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Nissan

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Renault

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • VW

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Range Rover

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Other - Comment Please

Votes: 27 24.3%
  • Taxi

Votes: 42 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CB40

Expert Member
On my daily drive from Pta to Jhb on the highway the worst I found are
Toyota Hilux or Fortuner
Polo
Any taxi or uber
Any with a Pirates, Chiefs or any other soccer club sticker on the back
Any vehicle with a hat or tissue box on the back window sill
What about those with hard hats on the back window shelf

krycor

Honorary Master
Drive along the coastal N1 out of Cpt along garden route and decide how many people you want to kill.. all you need is a beefy vehicle and not be interested in braking and people will commit suicide around you as those silver foxes are pathetic with judging speed.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Maybe if it feel like everyone else is doing something wrong, it might just be you.

A3@MBB

When I drove to the coast earlier in the year the worst drivers were the double cab bakkie drivers. Be it Toyota or Ford or whatever, they all drove like jerks and for some reason can't maintain the same speed. Do their cars not come with cruise control?
Love it to put on the cruise control on 130km/h and watch these "vlakte gevaartes" trying to pass me on the N2 in the Overberg region with the rolling hills making their life difficult.
Downhill and on the flats its 150km/h+, but the uphills it struggles to maintain 120km/h.
The acceleration from 120km/h upwards with these bakkies is like watching paint dry.

absynth

Expert Member
Toyota Fortuner / Hilux and Ford Ranger (especially the Hilux and Ranger with the small peen kits)

Claymore

Executive Member
Toyota Fortuner / Hilux and Ford Ranger (especially the Hilux and Ranger with the small peen kits)
Absolutely agree with that.

My own rule of thumb: anyone driving with a hat on is a menace on the road. Baseball cap, taxi driver hat, old person hat, etc....they're all dangerous.

Tacet

Expert Member
The poll needs Toyota. Hiluxes, Fortuners and Quantums are the ones that most often make me wonder if their drivers are all related in some kind of entitled family.

Brawler

Honorary Master
Fortuner
Hilux
Ranger
Every. Single. Time.
Big manne over compensating.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
The problems are Taxis and corrupt cops.

Taxis make the rest of us go, If you can't beat em, join em, corrupt cops make sure there is no real punishment for breaking the law, this is why I voted taxis. They are a bad influence on everyone else.

Drifter

Honorary Master
By far any Hilux and especially Fortuner divers. They drive like maniacs.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Interesting to see that BMW is coming up tops with the worst drivers. The culture of driving in SA has become extremely k@k due to the non-policing of roads - they would rather set up cameras than actually DO something constructive - and our archaic K53 teaching.

One thing that I don't understand is the "trend" to lean your driver seat as far back as possible, until you can barely see over the steering wheel, and thinking you look amazingly cool! WTF are people thinking??

eg2505

Honorary Master
expensive German Sh*tb0xes, I deliberately slow down just to annoy them more, because I can.
cheaper cars dont try this stuff,

Jefferson D'Arcy

One thing that I don't understand is the "trend" to lean your driver seat as far back as possible, until you can barely see over the steering wheel, and thinking you look amazingly cool! WTF are people thinking??
Comfort is prioritised over being able to control the car in any meaningful sense hence retardation of the seatback to match the driver IQ.

The Voice

Honorary Master
Anyone wearing a hat. I still remember my mom teaching me this before I'd even learnt how to drive and, by God, she was right.

Groggyme

Meh don't even bother checking who it is these days. All car types, all races, all genders, government, commercial and private. All drive like ****. I have stopped trying to be a traffic cop and just drive as safely as I can. I refuse to drive in the yellow line if I am going the speed limit and people are flashing behind me (many punctures from doing this) and I always keep left and pass right. I only give room for motorcycles to pass mainly. No point getting upset about things on the road as it just adds to stress in an already stressful country.

etienne_marais

Honorary Master
Trying to establish if there is a pattern for cars that don't "keep left, pass right"

Really gets to me when all lanes are slow because of lane hogs.

Quicks

Expert Member
How is Taxi's not the worse, no matter where they drive. They drive like cnts.