Worst Vehicle Drivers - Highways

During your travels, which vehicles displayed the absolute worst drivers on the national highways?

• BMW

Votes: 49 44.1%
  • Audi

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Mercedes

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Ford

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Nissan

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Renault

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • VW

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Range Rover

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Other - Comment Please

Votes: 27 24.3%
  • Taxi

Votes: 42 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hellhound105

Executive Member
This is so true, yesterday morning going to work everyone was hogging the two right lanes and the two left lanes were dead empty.
You save yourself a lot of anger just passing left.

It's Tetris here in Joburg, just got to find the right path:

1632914347718.png

B-1

Expert Member
Can't be worse than N1 Plattekoof Hill in Cape Town, the two lanes to the right are always, day and night, filled with slow cars while the left hand land is open or at least faster.

Add two more center lanes full of trucks and you have a gp highway.

Crowley

Executive Member
I can never understands people attitudes on the roads, its not like your going to get there faster, you overtake me in your Hilux, only to get stuck behind the next car in front of me.

what is the point, explain this to me? I call it my entertainment, when somebody acts like an A$$, flashing lights and hooting when your in the slow lane,
only to eventually overtake and find themselves behind an even slower car, whats the point?
The point is if the other idiot driving slow in the fast lane moved over we would get there faster.

eg2505

Honorary Master
The point is if the other idiot driving slow in the fast lane moved over we would get there faster.
I dont go into the fast lane so I wouldn't know, but yes that must be super annoying,
but then again in America, that's how people drive, hour after hour sitting in the fast lane doing 55MPH...

Jefferson D'Arcy

I dont go into the fast lane so I wouldn't know, but yes that must be super annoying,
but then again in America, that's how people drive, hour after hour sitting in the fast lane doing 55MPH...
That is not my recent experience in the US. But then it is a rather large place to be assigning stereotypes to.

eg2505

Honorary Master
That is not my recent experience in the US. But then it is a rather large place to be assigning stereotypes to.
someplace like Alabama, where they are doing 100 other things, maybe,
but somewhere they in a rush, like California perhaps not.

from the little I did see of NY state, Id say its quite accurate for how people drive.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
As a BMW driver: assuming the rest of traffic is doing 120kph, 150kph is a fair passing speed. Flashing lights in the passing lane is legit as per the K53, you just slow brah.

As for the poll: the folks who mostly try to dice me are GTIs with that rally sounding pfft pfft gear shift. :ROFL:

Big Rat

Can't be worse than N1 Plattekoof Hill in Cape Town, the two lanes to the right are always, day and night, filled with slow cars while the left hand land is open or at least faster.
Ahh, but that is because people go onto the slipway to just go push in at the front, so left lanes seems to move better

Craig_

Honorary Master
Ahh, but that is because people go onto the slipway to just go push in at the front, so left lanes seems to move better

That's quite possible. It's still infuriating when people sit in the right hand lane at 80km/h with nothing to their left.

Mekon

Expert Member
BMW. Merc, Audi drivers. From 320i to luxobarge SUV's. It's an ego thing as they feel they better than anyone else.
Doublecab drivers, obviously something is lacking in their lives
GTI/R pricks because pricks are pricks
Taxi drivers because how else does someone with a 13.5 IQ supposed to drive?

Mekon

Expert Member
As a BMW driver: assuming the rest of traffic is doing 120kph, 150kph is a fair passing speed. Flashing lights in the passing lane is legit as per the K53, you just slow brah.

As for the poll: the folks who mostly try to dice me are GTIs with that rally sounding pfft pfft gear shift. :ROFL:
My youngest daughter calls them GTI fart-o-matics

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I've been doing the Jo'burg-Centurion M1/N1 run.

Holy sh*t, the driving is stunningly impressive, regardless of vehicle.

In the part of the freeway where it is 5 lanes;
  • Trucks fvcking up both left hand lanes. What is worse than a truck doing 60? A truck doing 65 trying to overtake the one doing 60.
  • Some idiot doing 70 in the 3rd lane - This person generally unsettles everything because they force people to either mix it up with the trucks or say their prayers and enter the Thunderdome.
  • Thunderdome in the two right hand lanes where it looks like it is always seconds away from a horrible pileup as people swerve and tailgate.
I personally try and stay in the 2nd/3rd lanes at 100km/h because the way my car is geared, that speed feels like the sweetspot.