Would another airport be good for Cape Town?

Would another airport be good for Cape Town?

• Yes

Votes: 158 55.4%
  • No

Votes: 114 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.6%

• Total voters

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Yes
The N2 at Borcherds Quarry is too busy as it is.
Then it just takes a coupla angry voters next door to go start braaing on the road and the entire place is shut down.
People are late for their departures and get fined
Ridiculous government
Build another airport, far away from upset voters
:thumbsup:

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
When Cape Town leaves South Africa and becomes its own country will it be able to handle two international airports? /s

Seriously though it should be good for Cape Town, because I love Lanseria. When I need to fly locally I check my flights from Lanseria first and then only OR Tambo. The upgrades at Lanseria have been awesome and it is a great airport now with not as many people. Would just love to have more options of destinations from the hub.

D tj

Expert Member
It would provide another escape, sorry emigration route out I guess.
Also easier to pronounce Fisantekraal than what CT Int. may be renamed.

eg2505

Honorary Master
another domestic airport? like JHB has 2?
why not, especially if like overseas, our Low cost carriers fly to them instead of the big airports,

could work out nicely, I mean Easyjet and Ryanair do exactly that.
operate exclusively from specific airports, and charge you more for flying to a big international airport.

so Kulula, Mango, Lift and airlink could all club together and build another airport, just for LCC's
Its not such a bad idea in that case, as the Vast majority of traffic is from JHB to CPT anyway.

why not make money by flying to their own airports?

Bulphan

Was originally pencilled in to be at Kalbaskraal just south of Malmesbury. Easy access to CT via N7 and the Northern suburbs. Who cares about the Southern Suburbs?? They can use CT International. Was scrapped because needed to spend the money on RDP housing. Typical politicians. Cannot see the wood for the trees.
CT International is now basically surrounded by residential and commercial properties so that physically getting to it is worse than Heathrow or Gatwick in the UK. Somebody needs to take their head ( and other body parts) out of the sand.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Would be great if Goverment, SEO's and politicians have little or nothing to do with it.
thats what I think as well,
if all the LCC's (Kulula, Mango ect)

all club together, they can build one hell of a nice airport set up for their operations.
I mean in JHB, Lanseria is practically owned by them,

why not another one just for CPT?

Schlandower

Yet another ANC owned (S.O.C. / S.O.E.)?
I think not!
Just more money to be stolen.
If it is NOT ACSA / ANC owned and run, then yes, but under current laws, and the current state of dictatorship I doubt it will be allowed.
Given the new property confiscation laws signed in by RamblingPoser and the ANC cabinet, I would be loathed to build it.

SmartShack

Dealer
Cape town runs pretty well , I dont see the need for another one . focus the money on more important things like education , crime and poverty...

Schlandower

thats what I think as well,
if all the LCC's (Kulula, Mango ect)

all club together, they can build one hell of a nice airport set up for their operations.
I mean in JHB, Lanseria is practically owned by them,

why not another one just for CPT?
It would be great if Mango, SAA and the rest of the ANC owned companies stayed out of it permanently.

Schlandower

Cape town runs pretty well , I dont see the need for another one . focus the money on more important things like education , crime and poverty...
The airport must NOT be state owned, funded, or any tax payers money used.
Private money only.
Then, okay.

Schlandower

I know nothing about Cape Town International.
Could it not keep up with pre-COVID demand?
It was, however, there are almost continuous violence on the roads to and from the airport.
The police are useless, not trying to be nasty, just facts.