Would you book a flight on SAA at this stage?

Would you book a flight on SAA at this stage?

• Yes

Votes: 49 8.7%
  • No

Votes: 516 91.3%

• Total voters

Neuk_

Executive Member
I haven't willingly flown SAA in probably 15 years and see less reasons to start now.

CTPC

No for sure not.
1. SAA passengers are mostly Government Employees.
Now imagine having to sit next to Faith Muthambi or Julius or for that matter Jacob.
2. SAA are one of the most expensive air travel in SA.
3. SAA have a record of taking short cuts in maintenance costs.
4. I fly for free, or a fraction of the cost (staff travel), on most air lines, any destination.

Peder

Hobbit
Nope. Its just sorry they have one of the only direct flights to the States...

kevym9

Can the people who said yes find a box of Lego, empty it on the floor, and proceed to do a barefoot gumboot dance. :mad:

Well yes, i dont know abt the lego thing if i wud do that but if SAA was at least R500 cheaper on my journey i would consider it....if i have no connecting flights!

chefdude98

Expert Member
I use to fly Mango. It's strange cos we always hear about SAA, so I kinda forgot Mango is state owned.

FlySafAir is impressive. I have basically moved over to them. Their planes might be old but the overall experience is good.

I have only been delayed on 1 flight & it was a Mango flight.

These airlines have the same pricing most of the time. I recently booked a domestic ticket & British Airways was the cheapest.

Tldr : I fly SafAir. The entire experience is better than Mango.

surfs-up

Expert Member
The last time I booked an international flight with SAA was before the turn of this century - more than 20 years ago. I fly overseas between 2 - 4 times a year, and by choice i do not fly SAA

CAPS LOCK

Executive Member
Statistically still much safer than driving to work.

I still drive to work. So, I probably would if no alternatives were available to me.

WAJ

No I wont. Service is poor, attendants are useless and rude at best.

wadeizzel

Even if there was some credible way of turning the airline around, I can't imagine how it's going to survive the reputational damage it has incurred. Good riddance, as far as I'm concerned.
P.S. I personally think it's imperative that all potential flyers intentionally boycott SAA, as it is a government vanity project funded on the backs of taxpayers.

Marsie27

We are thinking of booking an overseas trip, which will involve flying to and from ORT. In the past we have used SAA for that because the overseas airline code-shared with SAA, but don't want to take the risk. It is going to cost us considerably more.

Last edited:

Beeblebrox

No.
My company also stopped booking flights with SAA long ago because of the many problems employees experienced with SAA.