Would you buy a foldable smartphone?

Would you buy a foldable smartphone?

• Yes

Votes: 100 55.9%
  • No

Votes: 79 44.1%

• Total voters

spectrum.1

I am a senior, and it seems what goes around, comes around.
The idea of folding a phone is logical and not new.
In the baginning, phones were foldable and took much less space in a pocket, and a broken screen was almost unheard of.

If my screen is totally protected and it makes the phone smaller easy to carry then Samsung is going the right way

sand_man

Honorary Master
Don't think so. When it's folded how thick is it going to be? Even if it super slim and 5mm think open, it's going to be at least 10mm folded. One will have to wait and see how this thing is implemented but I honestly don't think so.

CUDlybunny

Definetly yes if Its perfected.

It will become the norm. Bend it and it's pocketable. Fold it out and it's a tablet or even a laptop if attached to a keyboard.

Brawler

Executive Member
I'd like one. Like normal phone size that opens up into tablet size for toilet entertainment sessions.

Yes, I think it is a great idea I told Samsung this fact, why we all like to view media clips on a bigger screen so you have the size of a phone but have the luxury of a tablet when you want a bigger view screen.

GoB

Expert Member
No - only once all cards are obsolete. Because my cards are attached to my phone.

Qrox

Expert Member
Would I buy one? Sure.
Will I buy one at launch? Hell no.

I'm still very skeptical about how these screens will hold up to repeated opening and closing.
I'll avoid the first generation of folding screens.

And at the rumored price for the Samsung phone, I don't feel motivated at all to jump for one.