Would you refuse a Russian and/or Chinese vaccine?

Would you refuse a Russian and/or Chinese vaccine?

• I would refuse either

Votes: 170 39.3%
  • I would refuse the Russian vaccine but accept the Chinese vaccine

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • I would refuse the Chinese vaccine but accept the Russian vaccine

Votes: 46 10.6%
  • I would refuse any vaccine offered

Votes: 107 24.7%
  • I'm happy to take what I am offered

Votes: 82 18.9%
  • Other

Votes: 20 4.6%

• Total voters

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Is the minister not jumping the gun by ordering these vaccines prior to getting approval by the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority?
Of course the response to corona by the SA government has been half cocked and haphazard since day one. Why would we expect them to follow some sort of standard now?

EADC

Executive Member
The UAE exclusively used the Chinese vaccine, havent heard of any side effects from colleagues who took it. Based on that i wont have a problem getting it as well.

You can get the Pfizer vaccine in the UAE at start was only for medical staff and older people.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Well China and Russian ones are proper old school tried and tested methods. ie: made from dead virus as far as I understand.

I suspect that Covid Vax's gonna become a yearly thing like flu Jab esp seeing how the variants are popping out left right and center.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
I want nothing to do with Russian or Chinese vaccines. The conspiracy theorist in my says this whole darned thing was engineered and deliberately deployed in and by the Chinese. So long as Russia is communist and ruled by Putin, I want nothing from their quarters.

etienne_marais

Executive Member
I want nothing to do with Russian or Chinese vaccines. The conspiracy theorist in my says this whole darned thing was engineered and deliberately deployed in and by the Chinese. So long as Russia is communist and ruled by Putin, I want nothing from their quarters.
Russia is not Communist and showing a lot of conservative and Christian tendencies. Communist Party remains uncomfortably large though.

Johand

Expert Member
As long as their stuff is published in well regarded peer review journals, and full trial data is available and the QA process is reviewed and approved I don't see why not? Millions of people will have gotten it by the time we will get it so most of the early problems will be resolved :) There are really smart people in China and Russia.

Norrad

Expert Member
I would take anything that's offered and gets me a damn vaccine certificate/passport at this point. I need to get back to work and the company won't process paperwork until I submit my vaccination details, so zero chance of getting my visa processed.

kaisterkai

Expert Member
Even though I can't take a vaccine, any one, BOTH those are NOT on the list.
China will not be aided and abetted in profiteering out of a crises they created.
And SAHPRAs opinion on anything related to Covid is simply irrelevant.
Is it not unfair to say that China "created" the virus?

Let's talk about HIV and Ebola if there is a blame game.

thehuman

Expert Member
For now i won't take one of those two , would rather go for Pfizer or Johnson.