Would you refuse a Russian and/or Chinese vaccine?

Would you refuse a Russian and/or Chinese vaccine?

• I would refuse either

Votes: 170 39.2%
  • I would refuse the Russian vaccine but accept the Chinese vaccine

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • I would refuse the Chinese vaccine but accept the Russian vaccine

Votes: 46 10.6%
  • I would refuse any vaccine offered

Votes: 108 24.9%
  • I'm happy to take what I am offered

Votes: 82 18.9%
  • Other

Votes: 20 4.6%

• Total voters

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I'd refuse them all. But if I'm forced to choose I'd use a process of elimination:
- no vaccines designed to be an operating system (mRNA)
- no vaccines from the country that started it all
- no vaccines with blood clotting reports of any kind

oh damn, Sputnik is all that remains :sneaky:

Jase

Executive Member
I missed out on Sputnik V (Politics), Got the first AZ dose today. No side effects yet but I am a few beers ahead now so will report back in the morning or not at all.

Plenty (70 odd I take a guess) of colleagues have had their Sinopharm shots and the worst side effect was a bit of fever like symptoms.

maumau

Honorary Master
I've actually decided that this is a to-the-death condition, I will not. period.

It's simply too widely suspicious and therefore ever more dangerous.

What if you want to travel internationally?

Brian_G

Executive Member
What if you want to travel internationally?
In my household we've decided that's tough, not worth it, and made the decision independently. We expect many more restrictions to follow - time will tell of course.

The history of this thing is so bizarre, it's strange to those of us who recognise that growing concern how little some others are questioning it.

maumau

Honorary Master
In my household we've decided that's tough, not worth it, and made the decision independently. We expect many more restrictions to follow - time will tell of course.

The history of this thing is so bizarre, it's strange to those of us who recognise that growing concern how little some others are questioning it.

Agreed but my son lives in Toronto and I'd like to see him again sometime - that's what's irritating about this vaccine passport.

Rodney_B

With health minister Zweli Mkhize announcing that SA plans to buy Russia’s Sputnik V vaccines as well as vaccines developed by China’s Sinopharm Group Co. Ltd would you refuse the injection even if it is approved by the regulator?

Is the minister not jumping the gun by ordering these vaccines prior to getting approval by the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority?
I would take a vaccine from this group except the Russian Sputnick. I have friends working in China and Emirates who already have taken the Chinese Sinopharm without any complications. I don't trust the Russian tests if they even did proper testing

nivek

Executive Member
Is it not unfair to say that China "created" the virus?

Let's talk about HIV and Ebola if there is a blame game.
What a weird post..

There's no data linking HIV and Ebola to a lab... Covid on the other hand looks very likely to have leaked from a lab

Vegeta

Executive Member

I'm not trying to be facetious, if you would answer my question it would shine light on a different point of view.

My question is: What do you think will happen if you take a covid vaccine (any one)?
Like what exactly is the fear? I'm not referring to how strange the pandemic feels to you or how bizarre it is.

Like what do you think will happen immediately after the injection? Heart attack? You know what physical thing will occur? And if you want to answer the follow up, why? Why do you think that will occur?

Vegeta

Executive Member
What a weird post..

There's no data linking HIV and Ebola to a lab... Covid on the other hand looks very likely to have leaked from a lab
And if it leaked from a lab? How does that change anything at this point? Why does it even matter at this point?

The Darkness

Expert Member
I'm not trying to be facetious, if you would answer my question it would shine light on a different point of view.

My question is: What do you think will happen if you take a covid vaccine (any one)?
Like what exactly is the fear? I'm not referring to how strange the pandemic feels to you or how bizarre it is.

Like what do you think will happen immediately after the injection? Heart attack? You know what physical thing will occur? And if you want to answer the follow up, why? Why do you think that will occur?
the point is more that those that will have been affected have already. IF this thing is so contagious as they say, there is no ways anyone could have avoided it by now. China has some answering to do before anyone should be trusting what they've made.

The Darkness

Expert Member
And if it leaked from a lab? How does that change anything at this point? Why does it even matter at this point?
It matters because if China leaked it from a lab, they are responsible to compensate everyone.

Brian_G

Executive Member

Whatever personal theories, or group facts have been developed on this forum and elsewhere, some with much sense and merit, others with less value for sure, is not for this thread - there are tons of threads and posts on the subject with much to offer in many cases where professional feedback has been sought.

If you don't know any of it, you have not personally researched and need to maybe reconsider that.

Hope that helps, not going to be drawn into more here. However I'm sure you've also seen the growing joint concerns everywhere you look...

Vegeta

Executive Member
the point is more that those that will have been affected have already. IF this thing is so contagious as they say, there is no ways anyone could have avoided it by now. China has some answering to do before anyone should be trusting what they've made.
Okay so China comes out tomorrow and says: "Haha we got you, we made it now shutup and die"
How does that help your/my/our grandma in the old age home? I mean she's still going to die unless she gets vaccinated.