Votes: 61 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 149 44.7%
  • Other

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
It is made to kill parasites. Will it kill the mosquitoes that bite me?

Then I might take it.

The effect of ivermectin ® on fertility, fecundity and mortality of Anopheles arabiensis fed on treated men in Ethiopia | Malaria Journal | Full Text (biomedcentral.com)

Conclusion​

A single oral dose of ivermectin given to humans can induce mortality and reduce survivorship of An. arabiensis for 7 days after treatment. Ivermectin also had a delayed effect on fecundity of An. arabiensis that took bloodmeals from treated individuals on day 7 and 10. Additional studies are warranted using wild, insecticide-resistant mosquito populations, to confirm findings and a phase III evaluation among community members in Ethiopia is needed to determine the impact of ivermectin on malaria transmission.

Antiparasite drug ivermectin cuts mosquito numbers by 80% | The BMJ

Researchers from Colorado State University in Fort Collins and Senegal’s Ministry of Health and Medical Prevention compared the effect of ivermectin on mosquitoes in three villages where residents had received an annual dose of the drug to control onchocerciasis with the effect in three nearby (less than 12 km away) control villages whose residents had not been given the drug.

Ivermectin “significantly reduced the proportion of Plasmodium falciparum infectious Anopheles gambiae sensu stricto (s.s.) [mosquitoes] …

Anti-Parasite Drug Ivermectin Could Be New Weapon In War Against Malaria-Carrying Mosquitoes : Goats and Soda : NPR

[Evaluation of the action of ivermectin on blood-sucking mosquitoes] - PubMed (nih.gov)

(PDF) Effect of Ivermectin on Anopheles gambiae Mosquitoes Fed on Humans: The Potential of Oral Insecticides in Malaria Control (researchgate.net)

Abstract

Anopheles gambiae mosquitoes were fed on 25 volunteers randomized to ivermectin or nothing. In mosquitoes feeding on volunteers given ivermectin the previous day mean survival was 2.3 days compared to 5.5 days in the controls, log-lank test p<0.0001. Mosquito mortality was 73, 84 and 89% on days 2, 3 and 4 in the ivermectin group. Fourteen days after treatment no difference was found between groups. Ivermectin is safe and has significant short-term insecticidal properties. A systemic insecticide taken by humans for the control of malaria could help slow drug resistance and where mosquitoes are exophilic.

Questions and Answers about Ivermectin and COVID-19 - Blog - ISGLOBAL

One promising line of work in which ISGlobal researchers have been deeply involved is the use of ivermectin at population level to kill mosquitoes that feed on treated humans or animals and reduce malaria transmission.

Does ivermectin have anti-viral properties?​

Yes. Ivermectin has been proven to inhibit the replication of several RNA viruses such as:

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I've been advised to go more radical. Apparently has cured a few people who were near their end :confused:

NOT Ivermectin! So why are you posting it here?

Fenbendazole, except when registered as an anthelmintic in terms of the provisions of the Fertilizers, Farm Feeds,
Agricultural Remedies and Stock Remedies Act, 1947 (Act 36 of 1947).

bromster

Executive Member
Would you use Ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug only approved in SA to treat animals, for the treatment of Covid-19? Have you already used it? What would make you consider using it? Have you already stockpiled any of it?
As a prophylaxis or a treatment?

JohnStarr

Expert Member
And those who want the vaccine as a precaution - fine, that's their business. (Hope it is safe though, personally doubt it.)

So is it the right of people to use harmless-when-controlled Ivermectin without grabbamint trying to stick their noses in as usual.
The vaccine will be a requirement if you want to travel for business or pleasure, or even leave this hole. At some stage, try as might (unless you wear a tin hat and want to live here) you will end up getting it.

Not exactly going to rush to the front of the queue to get the first round ourselves.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
I bet our country will be one of the last to adapt Ivermectin treatment...

So many doctors out there asking for this to be used. They know the proven safety of it.
(And the reason many more are not joining in just yet is because the Tim Noakes Twitter case witch hunt is still fresh in everyone's memory. Nobody wants to be confronted and charged by the old school medical nazis.)

It's not proven as a miracle cure just yet but early evidence is very promising. But in the meantime people in ICUs are constantly being put on ventilator s when their lungs get too bad with a mere 40 to 50% survival rate. Ivermectin can change this. But nooooooooooo...

Stubborn will be stubborn.
It's peoples lives on the line and organizations have to make sure it's safe. If it works for you and it kills me, who do you think is going to get sued?
I don't think there are many here on the MyBB forums saying it shouldn't be used, but they will say wait for the results and be certain.

Devinity

Hell no. I once took Bob Martins and it did nothing for my hair.
I worked with a lady whose hair was falling out and dull. One day I noticed that her hair looked fuller and shiny. It was looking really nice. She told me that she was told to take one adult Bob Martin a day to remedy her problem. So yeah, it seems that it worked for her.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I worked with a lady whose hair was falling out and dull. One day I noticed that her hair looked fuller and shiny. It was looking really nice. She told me that she was told to take one adult Bob Martin a day to remedy her problem. So yeah, it seems that it worked for her.
Bob Martins is just a combination of vitamins A, B, D ,all of which are important for all animals which includes us. It is cheap and simple with NO known adverse effects.
But I suppose if you start barking and lifting your leg you should reconsider taking them.

RonSwanson

Expert Member
Did she also try Tres Semme?

RonSwanson

Expert Member
Bob Martins is just a combination of vitamins A, B, D ,all of which are important for all animals which includes us. It is cheap and simple with NO known adverse effects.
But I suppose if you start barking and lifting your leg you should reconsider taking them.
Entirely plausible.

But if she started barking then maybe she was a bit of a hound to begin with.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

It does appear to reduce viral load especially earlier in infection. Was published 19 Jan.
The key in the report is this:

The ivermectin group had non-statistically significant lower viral loads at day 4 (p = 0·24 for gene E; p = 0·18 for gene N) and day 7 (p = 0·16 for gene E; p = 0·18 for gene N) post treatment as well as lower IgG titers at day 21 post treatment (p = 0·24). Patients in the ivermectin group recovered earlier from hyposmia/anosmia (76 vs 158 patient-days; p < 0.001).

Interpretation​

Among patients with non-severe COVID-19 and no risk factors for severe disease receiving a single 400 mcg/kg dose of ivermectin within 72 h of fever or cough onset there was no difference in the proportion of PCR positives. There was however a marked reduction of self-reported anosmia/hyposmia, a reduction of cough and a tendency to lower viral loads and lower IgG titers which warrants assessment in larger trials.

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Entirely plausible.

But if she started barking then maybe she was a bit of a hound to begin with.
PS: My grandmother on my mother's side ( who rejected modern medicine) and relied almost exclusively on Herbalist prescribed compounds, used to take Bob Martins on a daily basis.
The reason is two-fold because she lived through the Boer concentration camp era ( saw how the "English" doctors treated the inmates), AND was told that her son, my uncle would not survive after being prematurely born, left hospital in Krugersdorp, with my uncle in a shoebox and nursed him at home. He grew up to be a strapping 6ft 4 sportsman as healthy as a horse.

She died of old age at 94 years.

Louis72

Expert Member
The key in the report is this:
Exactly. There was a section talking about yes it does work in a test tube but there is debate if that dosage amount actually reaches the lung tissue or not.
Then again when looking at the double blind random placebo tests it didnt make a difference in the PCR positive results but it made a huge difference in the viral load in other words the amount of the virus still in you after a couple of days. Definitely promising :love:

etienne_marais

Executive Member
Also heard on the radio that Ivermectin for human consumption was approved in S.A. but it was simply not marketed here due to limited needs and non financial feasibility.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Also heard on the radio that Ivermectin for human consumption was approved in S.A. but it was simply not marketed here due to limited needs and non financial feasibility.
The issue was in the areas where the need for it would more likely arise already had the same thing freely available anyway with no need for a doctors visit and a prescription.
But thanks anyway for posting it to help burst the idiots bubble about it not being approved for human use.