Votes: 61 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 150 44.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters

Norrad

Expert Member
Well, now AfriForum is apparently getting involved according to Facebook posts. That's a sure way for things to go tits up and the government to clamp down even more.

Louis72

Expert Member
Well, now AfriForum is apparently getting involved according to Facebook posts. That's a sure way for things to go tits up and the government to clamp down even more.

Norrad

Expert Member

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Good, it seems that the ONLY way to get anything done in SA is to force the system.
You can't use it because "there is no evidence." You can't gather evidence to to show that that there is evidence.

Norrad

Expert Member
Good, it seems that the ONLY way to get anything done in SA is to force the system.
You can't use it because "there is no evidence." You can't gather evidence to to show that that there is evidence.
AfriForum always causes the government to take a stronger stance on their original opinions. Try and find somewhere where the government sided with them instead of simply screaming racism and doubling down.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
AfriForum always causes the government to take a stronger stance on their original opinions. Try and find somewhere where the government sided with them instead of simply screaming racism and doubling down.
You are the one screaming racism just because anything Afriforum must be racist!
Find anywhere in my posts anything dealing with this issue. Rather go and get yourself a new set of glasses.
And BTW, it seems DOH has changed its stance on Ivermectin from banned to will allow a trial and will grant section 21 application permission to prescribe.
That that and go and smoke it.

etienne_marais

Executive Member
I said no, won't take it. But seemingly we may be getting Cuban vaccines, which I don't trust...

EDIT: I doubt the vaccines to arrive on Friday are Cuban, just want to know what happens to the remaining Cuban stock and whether more will be procured.

Last edited:

JohnStarr

Expert Member
PS: My grandmother on my mother's side ( who rejected modern medicine) and relied almost exclusively on Herbalist prescribed compounds, used to take Bob Martins on a daily basis.
The reason is two-fold because she lived through the Boer concentration camp era ( saw how the "English" doctors treated the inmates), AND was told that her son, my uncle would not survive after being prematurely born, left hospital in Krugersdorp, with my uncle in a shoebox and nursed him at home. He grew up to be a strapping 6ft 4 sportsman as healthy as a horse.

She died of old age at 94 years.
Bob Martin does not equal a drug. Hope you know that...

Norrad

Expert Member
You are the one screaming racism just because anything Afriforum must be racist!
Find anywhere in my posts anything dealing with this issue. Rather go and get yourself a new set of glasses.
And BTW, it seems DOH has changed its stance on Ivermectin from banned to will allow a trial and will grant section 21 application permission to prescribe.
That that and go and smoke it.
Reading comprehension difficult for you? I said because AfriForum has taken up the case the government will scream racism (because farmers will be at the forefront)...

JohnStarr

Expert Member
Based on 1 doctor & 2 patients...

JohnStarr

Expert Member
Reading comprehension difficult for you? I said because AfriForum has taken up the case the government will scream racism (because farmers will be at the forefront)...
Shame, Geoffy is burning the candle at both ends there. He's reading too much into something clearly not there. When you quote fact and they don't realise that (I don't necessarily support Afriforum and I loathe them contacting me!) but government does take their stances from a race point of view.

Affieplaas

My wife is a pharmacist. There are a few doctors who take it as a precautionary measure where she works.

Here is the pharmacy council of SA's response to this:

JohnStarr

Expert Member
My wife is a pharmacist. There are a few doctors who take it as a precautionary measure where she works.

Here is the pharmacy council of SA's response to this:
My wife's a pharmacist too, can see the benefits of it, and said IF the need ever becomes such that we need additional help (should we get the virus) then it's an option. Until then, she's waiting for the results of the studies (one of which starts today with UFS).

Affieplaas

I am not clever enough to even pretend to understand all of this but from what I gather Ivermectin prevents parasites from taking hold in an animal's intestines, so it is a preventative measure. The same thing applies to Covid in the human body i.e. it prevents Covid from binding to your guts. The virus must be able to "grab hold" and stay inside you for it to infect you.

The issue with Ivermectin is that dosages have been calculated for animals, mostly sheep and cattle. Because there have been so few successful human trails, there is no recommended human dosage. Whomever takes it will probably kill themselves when they take the dosage meant for a cow or for a sheep for that matter. If you take too little it won't work. Whomever is dosing themselves with the stuff is doing a backyard (unscientific and untested) dosage calculation.

We already now that obese individuals are more susceptible to contracting Covid. When I asked my wife, she explained that fat cells act as an anchor for Covid. So the more you have of it, the higher are the chances that when you are exposed to it, it will stay in your body and you will get sick. I found this interesting. More reason to loose the boep I guess.