Votes: 61 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 150 44.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters

Mk786

Expert Member
Would be interested in a link if you find it again. But personally I'm auto-suspicious of anything FB, guilty until proven innocent seems necessary.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Still nothing that explains any virology or how it would kill a virus.
It's for parasites. Not viruses.

Do you have the flu? Drink a dewormer or antiparasitic? Uhm...
Here is a paper about what Ivervectin has been found to do to the virus:

The FDA-approved drug ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro - ScienceDirect

Highlights​

Ivermectin is an inhibitor of the COVID-19 causative virus (SARS-CoV-2) in vitro.

A single treatment able to effect ~5000-fold reduction in virus at 48 h in cell culture.

Ivermectin is FDA-approved for parasitic infections, and therefore has a potential for repurposing.

Ivermectin is widely available, due to its inclusion on the WHO model list of essential medicines.

The entire World is desperate to find a safe easy to administer treatment for people infected by the virus.
Taken together these results demonstrate that ivermectin has antiviral action against the SARS-CoV-2 clinical isolate in vitro, with a single dose able to control viral replication within 24–48 h in our system.
just because to date, the drug has not been used for treating virus infections does not mean it won't work, it just means no one has tried it yet and worked out why it is effective.

You have some strange ideas about reality it seems.

Last edited:

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Here is a paper about what Ivervectin has been found to do to the virus:

The FDA-approved drug ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro - ScienceDirect

The entire World is desperate to find a safe easy to administer treatment for people infected by the virus.

just because to date, the drug has not been used for treating virus infections does not mean it won't work, it just means no one has tried it yet and worked out why it is effective.

You have some strange ideas about reality it seems.
Always nice to see on this forum.
Give a speech of a post and general acceptable tone. But end it with an insult or negative connotation. Be proud of yourself. You clearly rule the planet too.

With regards to an anti-parasitic being administered to a viral infection, let's see how it effects people. If it works, great. Kill the entire thing.

If it doesn't. Build immunisation against it.

Unlock the doors. Remove the masks and live like we should.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
If my doctor prescribed it to me I might consider it, otherwise no.

randomcat

From my experience, there is a timeframe that it's effective in. If you take it after it doesn't help as much.

Kosmik

Honorary Master

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
A virus can't share DNA with a parasite.
It's two different life forms.
That's an ignorant statement. For starters, the virus in question is made up of RNA, not DNA. In the second instance, everything in the universe is made up of the same atoms, so we all share the same things.

As to the point of the ivermectin issue, the following refutes your assertions that it does nothing:
We report here that Ivermectin, an FDA-approved anti-parasitic previously shown to have broad-spectrum anti-viral activity in vitro, is an inhibitor of the causative virus (SARS-CoV-2), with a single addition to Vero-hSLAM cells 2 h post infection with SARS-CoV-2 able to effect ~5000-fold reduction in viral RNA at 48 h.

konfab

Honorary Master
If my doctor prescribed it to me I might consider it, otherwise no.
That is just what I was going to say.

The vast majority of people who get the coof don't need anything other than rest and a bit of TLC to recover.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
So apparently Australia uses this?

True or False?
In Australia, ivermectin is approved as a treatment for scabies, the tropical diseases onchocerciasis and strongyloidiasis, and a skin condition called rosacea. It is considered a safe treatment when used at the correct doses for these conditions. Ivermectin is only available on prescription.