Votes: 61 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 150 44.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters

Thor

Honorary Master
What so the consensus, is this a conspiracy or is this real science?

My whatsapp is overflowing with people telling me to use it.

rambo919

Honorary Master

It's real but don't be an idiot, get a medical proffessional to prescribe the correct dosage of a kind for human use so that you don't end up killing yourself..... and don't drink it long term wait and see what happens to the one's that do.

konfab

Honorary Master

Are you in a risk category of dying from the world's deadliest pandemic with a 99.997% recovery rate?

Adenoid Hynkel

Expert Member
Ivermectin

The treatment for onchocerciasis is ivermectin (brand name Mectizan). Unlike previous treatments, which had serious – sometimes fatal – side effects, ivermectin is safe and can be used on a wide scale. It is also a very effective treatment, and has single-handedly transformed the lives of millions of people suffering from onchocerciasis since its introduction in 1987.

russellw1

Would you use Ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug only approved in SA to treat animals, for the treatment of Covid-19? Have you already used it? What would make you consider using it? Have you already stockpiled any of it?
I might think of using it if I had malaria because it kills parasites but I don't use it for my dogs because they are Collie cross breeds which have a bad reaction to some medication of this type.

MikeaMatrix

Funny how, the same folks that say they wont take the vaccine because it was not tested enough.
Are the same folks that want to rush into this.

Gerry

Are you in a risk category of dying from the world's deadliest pandemic with a 99.997% recovery rate?

I can agree with you to a point.

But we have a situation in the country where the
china virus is mutating, and it appears our mutations
are potent. Far as I know we are now at mutation 1.
It is now a vastly different scenario from the virus/parasite of 11 months ago.

I do not want to think what this monster is going to look like after 3 or 4 mutations.

Ridicule me, I don't care, but I am of the opinion that the rapid mutation of the
virus has to do with a large part of the population taking TB/HIV drugs.
These drugs are accelerating the mutation.

I personally insist on having access to Ivermectin until such time as I am vaccinated.
Not going to drown in my own snot.

I am a law abiding citizen, but let me make one thing crystal clear, if I cannot get
Ivermectin off the shelf from a paharmacy, I WILL bring it in myself.

Last edited:

Rosaudio

First Officer

Gerry

Funny how, the same folks that say they wont take the vaccine because it was not tested enough.
Are the same folks that want to rush into this.

Very very curious who on this forum has contracted the china-virus as of yet.
I gather from a lot of the comments very few has actually experienced it.

I contracted the china-virus in September of last year. I dismissed this whole pandemic as fake
until I got sick. You will see opinions change radically as the new mutations wreak havoc.

Tech_

I know of a person who took Ivermectin and still died of Covid so not sure if it does work or if the dosage he took was not enough.

Brian_G

Expert Member
Very very curious who on this forum has contracted the china-virus as of yet.
I gather from a lot of the comments very few has actually experienced it.

I contracted the china-virus in September of last year. I dismissed this whole pandemic as fake
until I got sick. You will see opinions change radically as the new mutations wreak havoc.
The MSM press are the ones wrecking havoc, a new scare tactic every day almost. Experts told everyone months ago that mutations won't be dangerous.

Here's the thing...
I can agree with you to a point.
People know we've been subject to exaggerations (will add here that they are perhaps lies, but if for instance I were to say that it's definitely so IMO I can then be charged).
Yet many people then believe new MSM hype.

Sorry you were very sick, but you're one of very few. That doesn't change.

/done

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
1. Ivermectin is cheap. It's also generic and no patents exist on it AFAIK.
2. Large Global Covid role players (CDC/NIH/WHO) as well as the SA Medicine council will only approve this for Covid usage if a large Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial (RCT) is done and shows success.
3. Such a RCT = $$$$ Expensive.
4. Large pharmaceuticals just invested and spent a fortune on vaccine RCT and development.
5. The chances that an RCT will be done anytime soon? Slim to none.

Suspect99

Executive Member
Here is a paper about what Ivervectin has been found to do to the virus:

The FDA-approved drug ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro - ScienceDirect

The entire World is desperate to find a safe easy to administer treatment for people infected by the virus.

just because to date, the drug has not been used for treating virus infections does not mean it won't work, it just means no one has tried it yet and worked out why it is effective.

You have some strange ideas about reality it seems.
Stopping replication In vitro means nothing though. Bleach, alcohol, poison etc will do the same thing

|tera|

Master of Messengers
That's an ignorant statement. For starters, the virus in question is made up of RNA, not DNA. In the second instance, everything in the universe is made up of the same atoms, so we all share the same things.

As to the point of the ivermectin issue, the following refutes your assertions that it does nothing:
You realise I said TheVid can't share DNA with a parasite?
A parasite has DNA, even if a virus has RNA.

The rest of your post is speculative at best. If it was such a great inhibitor why isn't the entire planet using it?
Wait, trials, testing? Like they did with other Vaccines? You probably know the vaccines don't even have months, let alone years of trials and testing behind it?

But sure. Let's call people ignorant because they have a different point of view.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Anyone consider that maybe it's included in the pack to fight parasites specifcly because of poor environment in India? I can easily beleive that a large part of the population is impacted by parasitic infections which may weaken the body, increasing the impact of Covid.
Precisely!
Hence why our idiots should never have fiddled with this whole thing!
Farms are full of animals and people on farms have for years sorted themselves out.

ronald911

Expert Member
In Australia they give this in topical form to kids with hair lice.... so I don't think it's harmful in the correct dosage.
If it can help for covid, nice, if it doesn't, at least you won't have parasites and lice.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

All over the world the drug is used as a preventative measure for parasitic diseases as an annual dosage.
Some countries still insist on prescriptions others not.

Nowhere, as far as I know, is it used to prevent virus infections BUT, there are plenty of examples where it has been prescribed to help patients deal with virus infections.
I would like to think that it would be available for a doctor to prescribe it.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
In Australia they give this in topical form to kids with hair lice.... so I don't think it's harmful in the correct dosage.
If it can help for covid, nice, if it doesn't, at least you won't have parasites and lice.
Exactly! stick to the recommended dosages and anyone taking it will be fine.