WOW News24

No one should be using News24 in this day and age.
As an honest question, where else should one go for news? Independent has the problem of ol' Iqbal Sorbet (aka Survé), Daily Maverick has some good stuff but far too many opinion pieces (not news). Mail & Guardian is too slow and they seem to me to have taken a decidedly pro-EFF turn lately (subjective). News24 has pretty good coverage over what's happening in the country in my experience.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
What’s the problem? Journalists need to eat too.
As much as I understand income models and running expenses, that tagline is abusively used. Yes, you need to pay salaries, yes, you need to pay independent authors, but who is really hungry?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Seems its also entirely random at this point... and possibly also based on volume of traffic from an IP address.

BLIXEMPIE

Executive Member
As an honest question, where else should one go for news? Independent has the problem of ol' Iqbal Sorbet (aka Survé), Daily Maverick has some good stuff but far too many opinion pieces (not news). Mail & Guardian is too slow and they seem to me to have taken a decidedly pro-EFF turn lately (subjective). News24 has pretty good coverage over what's happening in the country in my experience.
https://maroelamedia.co.za/kategorie/nuus/

It may be conservative Afrikaans, but in there you will find more actual news stories of actual things happening around us instead of News24's non-stop political propaganda. Sure there are 'some' political articles, but mostly you'll find actual news stories there.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
The day these ads revert to simply being an image and link displayed to me rather that trackers following my every move is the day I uninstall my ad blocker. Oh, that and the site doesn't look like a christmas tree...

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Continue without supporting still works for me.

Anyway, TSEK News24. Not paying for KACK reporting and articles sourced from other news sources.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Maroela if you are Afrikaans
EWN
ENCA

DeathStrike

Expert Member
for those that want to get around this. i found in adblock plus you can add custom domains to block.

blocking the domain of the script they using for the adblocker detection will prevent it from detecting it.

And can then browser as normal.

the domain can be found if you inspect element on the adblock and look at the scripts loaded.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
for those that want to get around this. i found in adblock plus you can add custom domains to block.

blocking the domain of the script they using for the adblocker detection will prevent it from detecting it.

And can then browser as normal.

the domain can be found if you inspect element on the adblock and look at the scripts loaded.
I use uBlock Origin with Nano Defender and I can't remember the last time a site asked me to turn off adblock.

Nano Defender is an adblock blocker blocker.