WOW News24

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
I'm not really. I don't feel strongly about this issue. But I put forth a position in this thread and now I'm going to defend it until a sensible counter-argument emerges.

By the way, I have no idea how many field reporters News24 employs, and whether it's more or less than DM. But no-one's called me on that yet.
Oh ok. Well anyway, fck ads because I hate them.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I don't care who report what. If you can't report accurate information you shouldn't be reporting it. Never mind the editors who add their own spin on the facts.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
So what's the big deal? There are millions of news websites. If one blocks you because of blocking irrelevant, irritating ads, simply use another.

Tinuva

The Magician
Nope, it does not.

You only get a certain number of times you can access and then you are blocked.
Mine still works.

Go into uBlock Origin or Nano blocker config, on the "My filters" tab add the domain broadcastbed.com

Visit news24, no more paywall block. This domain was on my pihole list, so tested this workaround at work.
So now you know how.

I haven't had a problem either, but I also have an add-on that clears cookies once I close the tab. Not much else that the website can do to get around that.

Pandas2

I would not pay for news24, they write crap. When you go read their stories you come out of it still uninformed.

But for me the reason for using Adblock in most sites if actually blocking the Social Network buttons, those continuously shifting at the bottom of my phone’s screen colorful buttons irritate me to no end. They are unsightly and reduce the screen real estate. If they must be there I prefer the Mybroadband does it, let them sit on that permanent bar. I don’t like that bar either but it’s better themed.

Swa

Honorary Master
If you don't care whether the things you read and write are technically accurate or not, why do you even have a problem with News24 in the first place?
You're mistaking me not giving a fck for actually caring what they do. I don't as they are utterly irrelevant to anyone but the SJW and black twitter brigade.

Murmaider

Forget the plugins or anything like that.

Open Notepad as administrator and then open the file
Edit C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Add this line to it:

127.0.0.1 broadcastbed.com

Save the file and profit.
Close and reopen chrome, if you still getting the ad block thing, just Ctrl+F5 it.
This will also solve the issue on any other sites that are using js code from these guys.

Rabobi

Executive Member

Add this line to it:

Close and reopen chrome, if you still getting the ad block thing, just Ctrl+F5 it.
This will also solve the issue on any other sites that are using js code from these guys.
Works

Visser

Expert Member

Add this line to it:

Works perfectly, thank you!