WOW News24

jouda

Expert Member
Have they reversed this - I can use aAdblock again, no ads, no nags.
I can confirm, its still there. Im using Adblock Plus on Firefox.

Interestingly enough, Adblock Plus claims that it blocked 20 adds on the news24 site. I wonder how it gets to that figure? Is it the number of images that it deems are adds that it blocked?

Interestingly enough, Adblock Plus claims that it blocked 20 adds on the news24 site. I wonder how it gets to that figure? Is it the number of images that it deems are adds that it blocked?
I think it might also have to do with the number of domains blocked. Privacy Badger, Ghostery and uBlock Origin do this too I think.

Ewie

If you use chrome , I have ABP, in chrome go to settings - search for javascript , and add news24 as a blocked site, the pop-up will now come up anymore, this work for most of these sites as they do not use javascript except for the annoying popups, something like pgatour which is i take it java based does not work.

Dan C

Honorary Master

Doubt it adblock plus can block adds. Don't think it's mathematical inclined.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Cheers News24, I won't whitelist you out of spite. Nice knowing you....
Somehow I think continuing to use their site, resources etc. and not paying is going to "hurt" them more than just not going to their site. What you're doing now is exactly what they want you to do, so if you really want to be spiteful you should just bypass their blocker and carry on.

theratman

Executive Member
As someone who makes a living off those filthy banners I understand news 24 going that route but I disagree with them actually doing it.

They must've burnt through their pool of current advertisers. That game branding must've cost a few truck loads of randelas.

Visser

Expert Member
I currently have these 3 entries in my hosts file and I have no issues:

127.0.0.1 broadcastbed.com
127.0.0.1 culturedcrayon.com
127.0.0.1 jamexistence.com