WTF Axxess, YOU SUCK! :mad:

Pohm

So, I got myself a axxess uncapped 4mb account, the axxess express thing(R496.00) on the 15th of last month.. and paid R496 on the 15th, and again on the 31st.. meaning i have paid close to R1000.00 for one months worth of usage. On the 11th of this month, my account got suspended for "SPAM GOING OUT FROM OUR EMAIL". We never received a warning email, but they said they did send one.. BS.. the account was apparently also "re-instated" on the 11th.. another load of BS, cause i could only re-connect with said account on the 13th, after submitting about 3 tickets, and getting replies on 2 of them to 'confirm that the spam has been taken care of'. So, somewhere along the line the people at axxess are BS'ers. Furthermore, when doing a speed test, I get the usual 3.54mb/s up and and the normal .34'ish down, with latency at 89ms, but, I struggle to get the google.co.za or .com landing pages open.. nevermind facebook, that is near impossible. Furthermore, on the usage page, it states my total usage for this month is 5.89GB, which i think could be incorrect.. so i cannot really know if i've hit that 50% threshold crap of theirs. Oh, and btw.. my torrents are awesomely running at..wait for it..between 0.8 kB/s and 1.2 kB/s, so that is also not taking my bandwidth.
THEN.. i change back to my telkom and my webafrica cap to check if they have the same problem.. and the answer is no, torrents at 400kB/s even spiking higher than that, so.. I have come to the conclusion that AXXESS SUCKS and I will be cancelling the service with them by the end of this month. The only reason I returned to them after a long absence due to crap service, is because they sent me some R99.00 piece of crap cell phone and they phoned me to "try them again".
I think they "deceived" me into believing that they have improved and btw, if you gonna send me a cell phone for this, I have an iPhone 4, try improving on that..FFS, I am sick of it. :mad:

And btw, since we paid for 2 months, and only used 45 days, I want my refund of R248.00 or, IF I cancel my service today, would you refund me a full months worth of payment? Why do other ISP's charge pro rata rates for the remainder of the month, but axxess cannot?

Sorry for all of this, but I needed to vent somewhere, and hey.. the only "ventable" places are here, my wife, and Hellopeter.com

Venomous

Honorary Master
there was a thread some time ago where their policy of '' charge in full for only part of a month'' was discussed......

JIMMYtheSKULL

Expert Member
AXXESS is fail on uncapped, read up on it. If they shut you down for spam thats pretty cool we can use less of that, you check your system with an antivirus and spyware program?

Last edited:

Pohm

There is absolutely no spam going out of my pc, checked it with multiple anti virus and other programs, even they cant tell me what spam went out..

zolly

Expert Member
PEBCAK. There was a thread like this a few weeks ago with some other guy who decided he wasn't going to read the TERMS OF AGREEMENT.

milomak

Honorary Master
you will do well to use paragraphs in your rant. honestly after a few sentences i couldn't be bothered as it was one large wall of text.

hope you come right whatever your grievance is.

Mars

Honorary Master
AXXESS is fail on uncapped, read up on it. If they shut you down for spam thats pretty cool we can use less of that, you check your system with an antivirus and spyware program?

well no. actually they dont.. If you take the cheap packages and expect the premium performance thats fail. I pull down about 700 gigs from them every month.

Pohm

Well, Firstly, if you need paragraphs to read a post like this,

Then I will give you some,

I have the 4mb line one, yeah, its not the top of the range, but honestly, 5kB/s max during the day is a waste of money.

secondly;

Reading the terms of agreement does perhaps tell you about the shaping etc etc, and even about their billing structure.. but is it shaping, or more than just normal shaping?
Should I invest in a DIAL-UP account for once I get shaped?

thirdly;
I have checked and rechecked all the pc's on the network for every single type of threat that could send out spam.. and no.. nothing...

if they can prove what spam has been sent out, i will then believe them. Although after multiple requests for the said "complaints", I am still awaiting one of those.

@madman88: Yea, we can't all afford the "i'm uber." package, that is why a lot of people are using the "not too uber R496.00" solution. :)

yea, i was kinda seriousy pissed when i wrote that post.. right now, im calm, and even while calm, AXXESS SUCKS!!

Last edited: