WTF is happening at Xneelo?

garp

Executive Member
Starting this morning around 8am all hell seems to have broken loose with our dedicated servers networking.

DNS randomly not working, outbound routes blocked. Some servers can contact each other, others not.

It's a complete crapshow, Xneelo can't give an ETA and my line is jammed with irate customers!!!

NOT GOOD ENOUGH XNEELO!

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
How I picture working at Xneelo.

ybQoozy.gif

They really caused chaos on our side once again and can't wait for us to migrate away from them.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Starting this morning around 8am all hell seems to have broken loose with our dedicated servers networking.

DNS randomly not working, outbound routes blocked. Some servers can contact each other, others not.

It's a complete crapshow, Xneelo can't give an ETA and my line is jammed with irate customers!!!

NOT GOOD ENOUGH XNEELO!

My company moved over to Amazon AWS from Xneelo almost 2 years ago and haven't looked back since. We had 5 bare-metal dedicated servers with them for almost 4 years and had constant problems with hard drives failing, fans needing to be replaced, RAM modules needing replacing, etc. Amazon AWS is waaay more expensive, but the peace of mind of not getting a text at 3am in the morning because a HDD in your RAID array has failed is worth every penny.

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
I've always found their support staff (over the phone at least) to be very helpful & patient.

I find a company that does not require you to phone support even more helpful. They have a problem with reliability. It only takes one individual to cause problems.

I hope these are just transient issues that they resolve.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
I've always found their support staff (over the phone at least) to be very helpful & patient.

To be fair, I've also found their support staff to be pretty good. I guess my problem is not with Xneelo specifically, but with the whole concept of maintaining dedicated hardware in general. Once you've experienced true cloud servers like the type Amazon AWS provides, it's very hard to go back. Need more RAM and CPU? Just upgrade your instance type. Need more HDD space? Just increase your volume size. Need another static IP? Just add another elastic IP to your VPC. Want to setup an internal network between your servers running on private IP ranges and just expose what you need to on public IPs? No problem.