WWDC 2024 and iOS 18 Discussion

How is it so far? :D
Working well so far. As expected though Waze is a battery hog. Apple Maps is slightly better and decent enough in JHB North.

Finding the text a bit too bold? I've always had my phones on the smallest text size but it's a bit larger now. Issue more pronounced when looking at the Call Log.

Scheduled texts a big plus for me so far. Considering moving off Outlook and back to Mail to see those improvements in action.

Battery life decent, I'll give it a few days and see.

SBSA works fine, as well as Discovery and FNB.

Won't be personalizing the phone, haven't done that either on the work S22U.

Smart/Auto Focus settings a bit buggy as it isn't switching from Personal when I leave the house (basically a custom DND when I'm off work and minimal app notifications)

The scheduling text feature made me laugh. When iOS was new and jailbreaking easy, I had installed an app, bitesms, if I recall, that allowed you to do the scheduling. I had used that so much.

Was pissed when jailbreaking became harder.

Anyway, Apple as usual, thanks for adding a feature that should have been added like 12 years ago !!

I now expect messages (Google) and maybe WhatsApp to emulate it too.

I sincerely believe that updated mail app is gonna finally help my wife clean up her 10K unread messages

In sad news, my iPad pro 12.9 (2nd gen) is no longer supported. I guess it will finally become my home assistant kiosk in a years time.

Working well so far. As expected though Waze is a battery hog. Apple Maps is slightly better and decent enough in JHB North.

Finding the text a bit too bold? I've always had my phones on the smallest text size but it's a bit larger now. Issue more pronounced when looking at the Call Log.

Scheduled texts a big plus for me so far. Considering moving off Outlook and back to Mail to see those improvements in action.

Smart/Auto Focus settings a bit buggy as it isn't switching from Personal when I leave the house (basically a custom DND when I'm off work and minimal app notifications)

Think the new mail app is only available later this year...

Mail improvements aren't there yet so don't worry about that just yet.

Glad I'm not the only one using fancy Focus options. :)

And all of a sudden Live Voicemail works!

I'll never have to listen to that **** again.

57ebfa5c8613502e6a7fb3435f53d489.jpg

I sincerely believe that updated mail app is gonna finally help my wife clean up her 10K unread messages

In sad news, my iPad pro 12.9 (2nd gen) is no longer supported. I guess it will finally become my home assistant kiosk in a years time.
How so? I only recall Apple showing the AI message writing for Mail in Sequoia.

If your wife struggles with email in general, get her onto Hey.com rather.

Well my AirPods Pro are not playing allow with macOS Seekoei.

Only thing that has changes so I guess built-in speakers will do for a while.

How so? I only recall Apple showing the AI message writing for Mail in Sequoia.

If your wife struggles with email in general, get her onto Hey.com rather.
I think he is talking about the email categories Gmail has had for a decade at this point that Apple Mail will now get.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is it tied to a specific network and if so which? Real handy this
I have no idea.

I’m on CellC via FNB.

I thought this was in iOS17 lately but it only started working for me now.

Then again could also be the first voicemail I’ve gotten in a year.

I have no idea.

I’m on CellC via FNB.

I thought this was in iOS17 lately but it only started working for me now.

Then again could also be the first voicemail I’ve gotten in a year.

Interresting as the support article mentions US / Canada only. Is this on the iOS 18 beta? I’m rocking 17 and not working

Interresting as the support article mentions US / Canada only. Is this on the iOS 18 beta? I’m rocking 17 and not working

It was only US/Canada (or at least iPhones set to that region and English version), it seems the beta is opening that up to more regions.

Thanks a lot for this, it’s sounding good, however much like you I hate large bolded fonts all over the place, I like using the smallest text size and the Default Display Zoom.
Did they not maybe change the default setting in Display Zoom setting or something in Settings?

Thanks a lot for this, it’s sounding good, however much like you I hate large bolded fonts all over the place, I like using the smallest text size and the Default Display Zoom.
Did they not maybe change the default setting in Display Zoom setting or something in Settings?
Nah checked everything and seems they left everything as I'd initially set them.
Provided feedback and can only hope they fix it

I am very happy about the nicking :laugh: as a previous Android user part of the reason I moved to iOS was when I began seeing more and more features we see in MacOS and Android around iOS 10, it has been clear for a long time that Apple wants to bring a lot of this stuff over in their own flavour.
Despite being a confirmed Apple user since the Mac Classic, I abandoned iPhone around 2005 when there was no way to access files on the phone. When Apple introduced the Files capability, I was back on board.

Despite being a confirmed Apple user since the Mac Classic, I abandoned iPhone around 2005 when there was no way to access files on the phone. When Apple introduced the Files capability, I was back on board.
The only iPhone in 2005 was a prototype.

Back