XBox 1 or Playstation - first buyer - Your ideas?

Ghoster79

If it helps at all - Xbox one s 1tb on special from Game with "Gears 5" for R3999

Qrox

Expert Member
I didn't know that is a hard and fast rule. My understanding was that it is the case only for specific games. You are obviously telling me otherwise though. Pls confirm if this is true all the time?
In 99% of the games you are not able to play games together (xbox together with playstation).
There are exceptions to the rule, but at the moment playstation is not allowing most games to connect to xbox.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
What is:
Xbox live - assume that you can play online?
Game PAss - assume you have access to a number of games automatically by paying x amount per month??? Can you only play these games online?

Does the PS4 give you the same ability and features to play online? For some reason the guy at one of the shops (think it was makro) told me with PS4 you play offline while with XBox you play Online and need a good internet connection

As a general rule, people in shops have no idea what they are talking about.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
and buying rechargeable batteries for next foreseeable future.
Batteries that last a week. Buy a pack of 4, use 2 while you charge the other 2.

I find it better than plugging the controller into the console every 6 hours like you have to on the PS4, with it's short cable.

Have both btw, previously the original Xbox and PS4, and now the Pro and X. Would go with whichever one has the types of games you prefer.

If we're talking top end, I would go with the X...

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
You clearly should not be a parent if you think something like a video game can have any influence on a persons moral compass.

You going to let your kid play fifa and expect him to become Ronaldo?
Think before just arguing to score points. That is a ridiculous strawman. Your little rugrat probably can't kick any straighter than the rest of humanity, so he's never going to be a pro footballer. He can still grow into a douche who thinks it is fun to break road rules, disrespect women, maybe even murder somebody. No skill needed for any of that. Or do you just disagree with the entire concept of "role models"?

**** I lose hope when I deal with people like you, just deliberate badasses for the sake of a giggle.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Batteries that last a week. Buy a pack of 4, use 2 while you charge the other 2.

I find it better than plugging the controller into the console every 6 hours like you have to on the PS4, with it's short cable.

Have both btw, previously the original Xbox and PS4, and now the Pro and X. Would go with whichever one has the types of games you prefer.

If we're talking top end, I would go with the X...
I have three DS4 controllers. I just swap them around when needing charging. And they last much longer than 6 hours in my experience.

As for top end, why the X? It's "more powerful", yes, but there is no discernable difference in picture quality, and it certainly hasn't got the games to call itself "top end".

Lupus

Honorary Master
I have three DS4 controllers. I just swap them around when needing charging. And they last much longer than 6 hours in my experience.

As for top end, why the X? It's "more powerful", yes, but there is no discernable difference in picture quality, and it certainly hasn't got the games to call itself "top end".
For one the X can run Borderlands 3 in performance mode without hiccups. Sure it kept some of the lowered textures from the original.