XBOX One owners - Are you happy with your choice?

Inky1980

I currently own a Xbox 360 (no Kinect), but it has become very clear that I will need to "get with it" and upgrade to the new current gen. My friends have all gone the PS 4 route, and seem happy. I however have a wife who is keen to give the Kinect thing a go, and is willing to half on a Xbox One since it comes standard with Kinect. If I understand it correctly, we should also be able to play Xbox 360 Kinect games on the Xbox One, so I won't have to spend a fortune on Kinect games for her.

That is all good and well, but I also have to use this console and I would love to hear back from Xbox One owners. Are you happy with your choice?

As far as I understand the two consoles have very similar graphics and performance.

Thank you.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
The xbone doesn't come standard with kinect anymore. You have to get the more expensive pack for Kinect.

Why not just get a 360Kinect for her and dance central?

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
They are working on Xbox 360 backwards compatibility, but it isn't ready at the moment. So, no xbox 360 games will work on the Xbox One until that is working. Could be some months away, and also, not all games will be supported.

Don't depend on Xbox 360 games working on Xbox One at all.

Ridolfc

Expert Member
Not all xbox 360 games will be backwards compatible on your Xbox one. They are slowly making games backwards compatible. So depending on the list, it might be a while before you will be able to play some of the Kinect games on the xbox one

Heebs

Generally my rule is to go for the same console as your buddies, that way you can swap games, hook up on the same system and play online with people you know.

Inky1980

The xbone doesn't come standard with kinect anymore. You have to get the more expensive pack for Kinect.

Why not just get a 360Kinect for her and dance central?
Ehhhhhhhhh ok. From what I read here it's a no go then. Thanks for the replies all.

Inky1980

Not all xbox 360 games will be backwards compatible on your Xbox one. They are slowly making games backwards compatible. So depending on the list, it might be a while before you will be able to play some of the Kinect games on the xbox one
Oh ok, definitely not worth my while then. Thanks!

Pandaemonium

Yeah im pretty happy with my white Xbox One, jus so puurty, couldn't resist. Whats cool with these next gen consoles,
is th pretty active 2nd hand game market(sagamer, gumtree, olx). I haven't paid more than 400 bux for some premium titles.(usually low ball em @ 300 with th aim of meeting halfway @ 350)

Cant speak about Kinect, haven't experienced it yet. But th logic of going with what ur gang of friends has, holds true.
I say go PS4 and get a 2nd hand Wii U for the motion controller games for your SO.
Incidentally "reasonably" priced 2nd hand Xbox Ones come up way more often than PS4s. use it dont use it.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
I got my Xbone on Monday, after having a PS4 for about a year.

The xbox's dashboard is a complete MESS!! I prefer the simple and easy look of the PS4's XMB.

Joka69

Expert Member
Its changing in the update later this year.
In a couple months if I'm not mistaken, its going the Windows 10 route, which will allow cross platform play with PC and Xbox one, and iirc from the E3 they also mentioned, cross platform with 360, Xbone and PC is also in the pipe line.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master

Actually they're working on the emulator not each game.

Solitude

Executive Member
I'm very happy with my XBox One. If I could go back in time I still would have bought it. Plus Microsoft keeps improving it and adding features.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
I'm happy with it thus far, with all the planned inatives like backwards Xbox 360 game compatibility and streaming to Windows 10, I feel like I made the right choice.

Only regret I have is I didn't get the standard black edition, the white one looks out of place...

Inky1980

I say go PS4 and get a 2nd hand Wii U for the motion controller games for your SO.
Thanks, I think I will probably go this route. I will miss my XBox profile and achievements, but I'll get over it eventually.