Xbox One pre-order pricing goes live

Forza Motorsport 5 (digital copy)
EA SPORTS FIFA 15 (digital copy)

When you read that that's when you realize the next gen consoles's 500GB hard drive is actually small. There is going to be a lot of downloading this time around

Came here expecting a shock, but it's actually a pretty decent price considering that you get two free games with each version.

Came here expecting a shock, but it's actually a pretty decent price considering that you get two free games with each version.

Decent?
This is outrageous.

Importing from EU cost me R8500 for 1 * Console & Kinect, 2 * controller & 1 * AAA-Game

I paid R6000 for mine with two games - got a brand new one for a bargain :)

Decent?
This is outrageous.

Importing from EU cost me R8500 for 1 * Console & Kinect, 2 * controller & 1 * AAA-Game
Versus R7,999 for the same bundle, minus one controller, plus an extra game.

Then it's R6,299 for a kinectless version. Same price as the PS4 but with two more games.

So yeah I'd say it's pretty decent. At least they're trying to make up for the inferior hardware with better value.

Thats actually some pretty decent pricing.

If I had R8k to burn I'd be in the market for one without a doubt.

I wonder if the voice recognition stuff will work with dstv... If not, then it's a bit of a waste imo..

I was set on buying this, but after testing out Steam's in-home streaming, I'm not so sure if any console is worth it anymore... :(

Well the PS3 and PS4 make it super easy for the user to swap out the hard drive.

Not so much for the xbone.

June update allows upto 2 external USB 3.0 devices to act as external storage, as long as the drive has more than 256Gb space.

With the games they look good value for money now. But Dance Central? I want that Kinect version, but R8K... :erm:

That would hurt my pockets!

price aside...so which is better PS4 or XB1?

My wife gave me a PS4 for my anniversary present (total surprise) so I would say PS4 :D

Xbox One looks quite promising though will the non-Kinect version be the more powerful model they were harping on about a little while ago or just the same hardware without the Kinect camera included?

Also, ugh @ external power brick... makes trunking such a schlepp.

With the games they look good value for money now. But Dance Central? I want that Kinect version, but R8K... :erm:

That would hurt my pockets!

Not sure what you're saying there.

Dance central is awesome. It's basically the reason to get a kinect.

Back