Xbox Series X / S

Lupus

Honorary Master
Just did a quick check

Sound bug fixed as well as some ui tweaks
Weapon vendors also stock a bigger range
Menu navigation added L1 & R1 support

There might be more but above is what I noticed with 10 minutes of play.
May check it out tomorrow on both, but I was tired today.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Oh and the weapon skins not fixed, I've unlocked so many but they disappear if you quit.

I thought that was only me, I even remember applying one when I went back it was poof gone :(

Suspect this was meant to be day one patch... actual game fixes/patches still in the works

Lupus

Honorary Master
I thought that was only me, I even remember applying one when I went back it was poof gone :(

Suspect this was meant to be day one patch... actual game fixes/patches still in the works
Friend on a One S had to use his PC to keep playing as on the One S it would occassionally crash with a Video Memory error. But otherwise it actually looked pretty good on the One S, might've been his TV but it looked as if it was a mix between low and medium settings.

Scuderia1

anyone know if there is stock of the series x in the durban area? Looking to purchase before the weekend. Not bundle deals

Lupus

Honorary Master
I see The Ascent Dev's are very Active over on Steam giving feedback and such.

Love the game so much that even with me being able to play for free (Thanx 2 GamePass) I feel like I need to give something back to the team of 12.

View attachment 1121282

So I bought the game.
I'm considering buying it, it's a really good game. I played about 2 hours yesterday between the PC and the Xbox

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
I'm considering buying it, it's a really good game. I played about 2 hours yesterday between the PC and the Xbox

The fact that they take time to reply to some of the Steam comments as well as post updates and the thank you pushed me over the top.

The recent patch fixing my Sound issue and knowing that they actively working on bugs just sealed the deal.

Lupus

Honorary Master
The fact that they take time to reply to some of the Steam comments as well as post updates and the thank you pushed me over the top.

The recent patch fixing my Sound issue and knowing that they actively working on bugs just sealed the deal.
What sound issue did you have? It sadly didn't fix the skins issue, picked up a bunch of skins on my way to Black Tower and when I fired back up they were gone.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
What sound issue did you have? It sadly didn't fix the skins issue, picked up a bunch of skins on my way to Black Tower and when I fired back up they were gone.

On Series S some gun sounds continued after they where fired (Did not get a stop trigger?)

Also have a skin but I saw that it was reported and to be honest, cosmetic items do not break the game for me. Its a nice to have for sure esp when in co-op but does not break the game.

There are quests that have game breaking bugs esp on Side quests but Devs are aware of them and on it.

Sidenote/Disclaimer: If this was a AAA studio with 1000's of people and these bugs, I would not have bought the game.

Lupus

Honorary Master
On Series S some gun sounds continued after they where fired (Did not get a stop trigger?)

Also have a skin but I saw that it was reported and to be honest, cosmetic items do not break the game for me. Its a nice to have for sure esp when in co-op but does not break the game.

There are quests that have game breaking bugs esp on Side quests but Devs are aware of them and on it.

Sidenote/Disclaimer: If this was a AAA studio with 1000's of people and these bugs, I would not have bought the game.
To be honest, even with this not being AAA, it's actually been better then some AAA releases this year, possibly in 2 years. It might lack a bit of polish in places and there are some odd bugs, but in comparison to Skyrim which has been out a decade and I still have 2 quests I cannot complete due to the item not appearing and the one where the NPC got knocked into the stratosphere by a giant.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Friend on a One S had to use his PC to keep playing as on the One S it would occassionally crash with a Video Memory error. But otherwise it actually looked pretty good on the One S, might've been his TV but it looked as if it was a mix between low and medium settings.

Just tried running Game on my PC.... nothing shows how good a value Xbox Series S really is like running the same game on both and compare.

PC Specs (Yeah I know its a crap PC that is why I bought a console)
Processor Name: Intel Core i5-4460
Video Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Total Memory: 16 GBytes DDR4
Drive Model: SAMSUNG SSD PM871 2.5 7mm 256GB
Price: About R15 000 (Running total as it was bought/upgraded over time)

Screen: LG 24" Full HD
Time to get into game from turning on PC (5 minutes)
PC.jpg
1080p @ 60 FPS All settings on Ultra

System: Xbox Series S
Price: R6800

Screen: Samsung 58" UltraHD
Time to get into game from turning on Xbox (Not even a minute)
08-08-2021_08.jpg
4K @ 60 FPS

Ok not really fare as PC does not have Instant on and quick resume but still i am amazed at what something this cheap can pull off. Also loading fresh the Series S does seem a lot faster than PC's SSD.

Sidenote: Not raw screenshots as I had to use 4:2:2 80% on both for posting. Cause original Xbox shot = 17 Mb

Edit: To see the real difference save both to desktop and flip between them. Its amazing how much clearer the Xbox one looks. Even on compressed shots.

Last edited:

Lupus

Honorary Master
Just tried running Game on my PC.... nothing shows how good a value Xbox Series S really is like running the same game on both and compare.

PC Specs (Yeah I know its a crap PC that is why I bought a console)
Processor Name: Intel Core i5-4460
Video Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Total Memory: 16 GBytes DDR4
Drive Model: SAMSUNG SSD PM871 2.5 7mm 256GB
Price: About R15 000 (Running total as it was bought/upgraded over time)

Screen: LG 24" Full HD
Time to get into game from turning on PC (5 minutes)
View attachment 1122478
1080p @ 60 FPS All settings on Ultra

System: Xbox Series S
Price: R6800

Screen: Samsung 58" UltraHD
Time to get into game from turning on Xbox (Not even a minute)
View attachment 1122506
4K @ 60 FPS

Ok not really fare as PC does not have Instant on and quick resume but still i am amazed at what something this cheap can pull off. Also loading fresh the Series S does seem a lot faster than PC's SSD.

Sidenote: Not raw screenshots as I had to use 4:2:2 80% on both for posting. Cause original Xbox shot = 17 Mb
I've got it running on 2 pcs but we put the graphics at High not Ultra.
1st PC
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GFX Nvidia 2060 super
RAM 16 GBs 3200mhz
HDD 500gb ssd
Res: 1440p @ High I get 70 to 100fps

2nd PC
AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF
GFX Nvidia 1660ti
RAM 16 GBs 3200mhz
HDD 1tb hdd
Res: 1080p @ high also around 70 to 100 fps

The one on the ssd loads pretty quick like less then a minute, the one on the hdd is maybe a few seconds longer.
Where on my Xbox Series X on its nvme actually takes a bit longer to load maybe 2 minutes.

But yeah having the settings between ultra and high, it's not really that much of a difference.
Though remember your Series S is actually 1080p but it's being upscaled by your TV to 4k.

1st PC was about 17k over time and the second was about 12k.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
But yeah having the settings between ultra and high, it's not really that much of a difference.
Though remember your Series S is actually 1080p but it's being upscaled by your TV to 4k.

True but there is a distinct difference in detail from PC's Ultra @ 1080p and Xbox's upscaled to 4K (Oh and Xbox Upscales not the TV The Series S CPU has a dedicated compute unit for the job))

I wonder if Xbox internal render is not 1440p?

Oh and that 2060 super in today's market would almost cost a Seires X's price ;)