Xbox Series X / S

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Can't play games on it though :)

But it can make gaming sessions longer by eliminating the beer trips. I don't have those voice controlled remotes like my brother, so this will work for me.

That said, I don't see myself dropping R2K+ on a 12 can mini fridge. Still would be cool to have one.

Brawler

Honorary Master
After very little use my controller has packed up. The middle Xbox button loves to get stuck almost as if it gets pushed in too far and when it's stuck in, it emits a buzzing sound which wrecks the batteries.

Odd as it seems to come right by itself but then do it again a few days later.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
After very little use my controller has packed up. The middle Xbox button loves to get stuck almost as if it gets pushed in too far and when it's stuck in, it emits a buzzing sound which wrecks the batteries.

Odd as it seems to come right by itself but then do it again a few days later.

Book & replace.

livw88

Hi guys, I will be buying a Xbox Series S in the coming weeks (for gaming & media streaming use) but have a question regarding a remote. Needed for use while watching Netflix, Youtube, Kodi etc. Can you guys recommend something that works well. I'll be using it from about 3 or 4 meters away max with clear line of sight of the Xbox.

The PDP Gaming Media Remote keeps popping up online, but the reviews (on multiple platforms) seem a bit hit & miss.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Hi guys, I will be buying a Xbox Series S in the coming weeks (for gaming & media streaming use) but have a question regarding a remote. Needed for use while watching Netflix, Youtube, Kodi etc. Can you guys recommend something that works well. I'll be using it from about 3 or 4 meters away max with clear line of sight of the Xbox.

The PDP Gaming Media Remote keeps popping up online, but the reviews (on multiple platforms) seem a bit hit & miss.
Just get a 8 in one Supports Xbox Series S and had great range & battery life.

Mine replaced TV & Hi-FI remote as well so only have one remote for all my needs. Also very cheap at local PnP & Builders warehouse. Think I saw it on Takealot as well.

I bought mine from PnP Northgate for R199, cant seem to find it on their online store.

Last edited:

Lupus

Honorary Master
Just get a 8 in one Supports Xbox Series S and had great range & battery life.

Mine replaced TV & Hi-FI remote as well so only have one remote for all my needs. Also very cheap at local PnP & Builders warehouse. Think I saw it on Takealot as well.

I bought mine from PnP Northgate for R199, cant seem to find it on their online store.
Agreed, got one for my old One S, though I've not hooked it up to my Series X or One X as my son is using it in his room after he lost the remote to his TV.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Finally managed to fix the controller my son did a number on the faceplate was the first thing replaced, but when taking it apart the back was not in good shape either so it was on wonky, the thumbsticks weren't doing well either.
All from xmods.co.za, the faceplate was R220, the back was R185 and the thumbsticks were R40.
Now I need to clean my desk, that controller had lots of chip dust and stuff in it

IMG_20211019_113830.jpg IMG_20211019_113820.jpg

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master

Finally some movement on expansion from Microsoft

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master

Finally some movement on expansion from Microsoft
That 512GB drive will be good enough for one COD game...

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
That 512GB drive will be good enough for one COD game...

Sadly its still Samsung, so no competitive pricing.

I think their exclusivity ends round about now so we might see others in the future.... then again with chip shortages "cheaper" can just be a pipe dream.