Xbox Series X / S

Supercarfan

mr_norris

Expert Member
Just get a 8 in one Supports Xbox Series S and had great range & battery life.

Mine replaced TV & Hi-FI remote as well so only have one remote for all my needs. Also very cheap at local PnP & Builders warehouse. Think I saw it on Takealot as well.

I bought mine from PnP Northgate for R199, cant seem to find it on their online store.
+1 for that remote. My only complaint is I cannot figure out how to get back to the dashboard, or open that popup thing on the left to go back to the dashboard. I'm sure I am doing it wrong and my google foo is weak, but getting out of apps like Twitch is a pain. I have to turn on the controller to get out. Does anyone have a genius idea to get around this?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Interestingly, after the update mine still seemed to render at 1080p. Confirmed the night mode settings were there, but it didn’t look any different. Only after restarting the console again did it kick the dashboard up to 4k.
How do you know it's 1080p? I mean I couldn't really tell as my TV would just upscale it.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
How do you know it's 1080p? I mean I couldn't really tell as my TV would just upscale it.
If you have a 4k TV, you can tell when you like hlaf a meter away from the screen..... from the couch not so much :D

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
+1 for that remote. My only complaint is I cannot figure out how to get back to the dashboard, or open that popup thing on the left to go back to the dashboard. I'm sure I am doing it wrong and my google foo is weak, but getting out of apps like Twitch is a pain. I have to turn on the controller to get out. Does anyone have a genius idea to get around this?

I never needed it, mostly use the remote to navigate Kodi. Will see if I can find somethin.

_kabal_

Expert Member
Controller was just picked up by the courier. So far so good, smooth process
The controller was just delivered back to me.

It's the exact same serial number that was registered in my Microsoft account - surely all the serial numbers are not the same?
That would mean 1 of 2 things - they fixed my controller, or did nothing to it

Lupus

Honorary Master
The controller was just delivered back to me.

It's the exact same serial number that was registered in my Microsoft account - surely all the serial numbers are not the same?
That would mean 1 of 2 things - they fixed my controller, or did nothing to it
They change the serial number in devices to the new one, but I got an sms to say that

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Thankfully I'm about 5m away from the TV

OK can now say the same... from my couch I cant spot the diffrance, I actually had to get up close and personal with the TV to see that Yep its 4K.

Donno what the whoohaa was about 4K Home page.

Lupus

Honorary Master
OK can now say the same... from my couch I cant spot the diffrance, I actually had to get up close and personal with the TV to see that Yep its 4K.

Donno what the whoohaa was about 4K Home page.
Nope never even knew there was an issue

Supercarfan

Straight after the update when it didn’t look any different I compared it to that close up image from the verge article. After the reboot the lines and text were way sharper.

Besides for checking whether I’ve got the update or not I haven’t had any time to play yet, but I doubt I’d really be able to tell much difference from couch distance otherwise. Perhaps if you have a 75” or up it would be more obvious.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Straight after the update when it didn’t look any different I compared it to that close up image from the verge article. After the reboot the lines and text were way sharper.

Besides for checking whether I’ve got the update or not I haven’t had any time to play yet, but I doubt I’d really be able to tell much difference from couch distance otherwise. Perhaps if you have a 75” or up it would be more obvious.
Only got 65" :(

Sup3rc

I pre-ordered the X from BT games. ETA shows November. Hopefully beginning of November, but I might be in for a long wait. Feeling very excited. My last console was a Xbox 360 slim, but has been collecting dust for many years.

TopChefGotit

I pre-ordered the X from BT games. ETA shows November. Hopefully beginning of November, but I might be in for a long wait. Feeling very excited. My last console was a Xbox 360 slim, but has been collecting dust for many years.
Halo console?

TopChefGotit

No, saw Halo one only comes in December. Was hopeful the normal x will come way quicker. But now I can add an extra controller.
I am tempted for the anniversary or the forza controller but do I need another controller, unfortunately not