• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Xenserver on Hetzner

kitkat+

Hi Guys

Is anyone using Xenserver on a dedicated with Hetzner ?
I am interested in taking up a a few dedicated with them.

thanks
Kitty

Peon

Expert Member
Just be careful, if you take a self-managed server dont expect anything but lip service from them. If and When you have a problem they love it so much to say your server is self-managed so tough ****.

kitkat+

Just be careful, if you take a self-managed server dont expect anything but lip service from them. If and When you have a problem they love it so much to say your server is self-managed so tough ****.
Yeah they told me so, but they said there is an interface which gives me access to the server if I lock myself out.

Peon

Expert Member
Yeah they told me so, but they said there is an interface which gives me access to the server if I lock myself out.
Yes its a iKVM java based console. Like I say, been there - got the tshirt - my client was told tough **** deal with it.

I post in jest because their attitude in my averse opinion seems to be that they are annoyed and irritated if you phone them. I had to fix a linux server with a kernel panic stop-bug.

3lOH55A

Expert Member
Have had a few servers with them over the years.
Support has always been helpful. I've had a few hardware failures and they were attended to promptly.

They also allow direct access to the box in the DC if need be.

But I agree. iKVM is buggy and can be a pain to get going.

kitkat+

Yes its a iKVM java based console. Like I say, been there - got the tshirt - my client was told tough **** deal with it.

I post in jest because their attitude in my averse opinion seems to be that they are annoyed and irritated if you phone them. I had to fix a linux server with a kernel panic stop-bug.
thanks for this, I am going seriously consider this before taking a decision.

kitkat+

Have had a few servers with them over the years.
Support has always been helpful. I've had a few hardware failures and they were attended to promptly.

They also allow direct access to the box in the DC if need be.

But I agree. iKVM is buggy and can be a pain to get going.
Is it IPMI > here

Telasera

Telasera representative
Company Rep

Depending on the motherboard vendor there are sometimes GUI's that one can download and use to control IPMI/KVM without using the browser.

kitkat+

Depending on the motherboard vendor there are sometimes GUI's that one can download and use to control IPMI/KVM without using the browser.
[MENTION=214148]Telasera[/MENTION] > your prices are more competitive than others, any catches ?