Xiaomi is bracing to take on Samsung and Huawei in SA

Dan C

Honorary Master
Well it depends. Adds refers to add-ons. Ad refers to advertising. So I thought maybe you see recommended add ons. Which is cool and you need to show me how you get those in the calc app.

Too bad it was a joke.
1630757184479.png

fedcitop

Xiaomi will not be able to beat Samsung in the global market. For that, it has to expand its product range at the very least.

rejodasi

MIUI 12 is pretty good though?
It has come a long way yes, have a few non tech savy family members who have used it coming from these usually bigger names in tech and they use it as a phone with no complaints. For me though I have found that Miui is a great starting point or just use it as is, but it doesnt push the hardware as far with its own software as other software could. There has just been more research and development put into that software than what xiaomi does right now. That's why i bought xiaomi to flash custom roms and use it how I would. Never hated too much on miui and won't throw the phone away if I had to just use it. Would just be kinda bummed. It all comes down to preference.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Filled with ads not to mention the terrible memory management to get more battery life. Hopefully newer versions of Miui fixed that?
Agree that the older models are bloated with that, I have experienced it on my Redmi 6A.
But, My Xiaomi 9T is blazing fast and I have zero problems to report after a few months of owning it.

Time will tell, and for this price, I do not mind one bit at all been a guinea pig :thumbsup: This 4GB version with 128GB space for under 4 grand is a bloody bargain in my books.

Gudnews

Expert Member
How about taking care of that sub R 1000 Mobicel crowd? There's a lot of them and some eventually upgrade to better devices.

teejay 44

From the comments section on GSMarena I quote:

"
  • anonymous
The phone is great and all. Have been using this phone for almost 1 year now. It's hardware matches it's price. Used it on gaming, school works, casual stuff and the phone does not fail me.

The only problem that is the MIUI 12(Operating system) itself. Making the phone slower because of its flashy animations, bloat wares, ram management. The worst part of it is they made our Redmi 9C 32-bit. It's hardware are 64-bit capable, just the OS itself is the problem. They made it in 32-bit because MIUI 12 is resource demanding. Just booting up the phone + bloat wares takes up to 70~80% of our RAM(1500/2700~1900/2700) and doesn't go down. It even uses half of the SWAP file(1500mb) just to let the us see that MIUI is not eating the RAM and the phone is fine.

Having a 32-bit Android limits the hardware from gaming(and other things). Heavy games like CODM and PUBG requires a 64-bit phone(both hardware and OS) to run in medium~high graphics.
And some popular games like Genshin Impact, Asphalt 9 requires a 64-bit kernel.
If you want a budget entry level phone that can run *most* heavy games, I would recommend buying Oppo's Realme C15. With the same CPU, it can run 64-bit games. And with a little addition to Redmi 9C's price, you could get more RAM, storage, Battery capacity, 18W charging, and some additional sensors".

End quote.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
How about taking care of that sub R 1000 Mobicel crowd? There's a lot of them and some eventually upgrade to better devices.
There's a cheapest you can go while still having an okay user experience, that mark is ~R2800 right now for Xiaomi, or ~$100 if you don't factor South African taxes and import.

Bighit

Expert Member
What ads? I don't see any ads.
I've also started seeing ads, every day on the file manager app, I'll see a video or some ad pop up. I've always loved Xiaomi but these ads are irritating.

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_174805.jpg
    IMG_20210904_174805.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 23

RedViking

Nord of the South
I've also started seeing ads, every day on the file manager app, I'll see a video or some ad pop up. I've always loved Xiaomi but these ads are irritating.
Switch it off in the file manager app Settings > About > Recommendations