Expert Member
Item name: Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Exclusive Edition - Chinese ROM

Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus Octa Core
12 GB RAM
512 GB ROM
3 Rear Camera
4000mAh Battery
Carbon Black

Age and condition: Brand new, received mid November.

Do you include packaging: All original packaging.

Warranty: Standard Warranty provided by gearbest.

Reason for selling: Immediately when I received it I realized I just cannot go back to smaller dimension screen size. I tried for initial day and narrower dimensions with the 6.39" just does not feel as familiar in my hand as the 6.44" width of my Mi Max.

I am not all that concerned about power as I am about the feel in hand so it seems I will just be grabbing a Mi Max 3 or Note 10 Pro as replacement for my Mi Max since all the newer phones width just seems too narrow in my hand.

Price: R6000.

Negotiable: No

Shipping or collection: Can use any shipping at cost to buyer. You are welcome to arrange your own delivery company or come directly to pick it up.

Originally ordered this from gearbest with expedited shipping early November and after Shipping cost and Customs Tax it worked out R11000 so anyone buying this would get the same product for less minus the extra fees and also no delivery delay.

Keep in mind this has the Chinese ROM. If you are familiar with rooting and installing Global ROM then you would know how to go ahead and do that at your own risk.

You can set most options on the phone to english and manually install google play but I would suggest that anyone interested in buying this would get more out of it if they have experience or willing to experiment flashing the device with a different global ROM. You can find detailed instructions on https://www.xda-developers.com

Last edited:

John Tempus

Expert Member
Oki doki dukis, driving hard bargain.

I will drop the price to R8000 if anyone sitting on the fence was looking for it even cheaper but thats the lowest I am willing to go.

Won't get this phone for this price anywhere brand new so grab it while its hot.

airborne

Executive Member
Interesting phone, what can it do with 12Gb that other phones with less ram can't?

Does it increase task switching speed and the number of intensive appps it can hold in memory. I'm assuming it can load large files like RAW images or HD video and edit them faster and with less glitchyness?

Play graphic heavy games smoother?

John Tempus

Expert Member
Interesting phone, what can it do with 12Gb that other phones with less ram can't?

Does it increase task switching speed and the number of intensive appps it can hold in memory. I'm assuming it can load large files like RAW images or HD video and edit them faster and with less glitchyness?

Play graphic heavy games smoother?
It can handle pretty much everything. Like I said I quite literally only used the phone for a day and packaged it again. You will get more details on review sites than what I can personally give since I have no experience with it beyond not enjoying the smaller size than the Mi Max I have been using for last couple of years. :/

John Tempus

Expert Member
Ok, I reconsidered and will just keep this offer opening until taken.

I dropped the price to R7000 , that is the lowest I will ever go and its a complete "steal" for anyone grabbing it at this price.

Better for me to sell the phone at this time than to just have it age in a box unused so first come first serve, grab yourself a great phone as a stupidly low price.

Conack

Expert Member
Custom ROM scene isn't too bad for the K20 Pro, thanks to some folks crowdfunding of couple of the top the Poco XDA devs.

Fact that the front facing camera isn't always looking at you but only pops up when you allow it is nice. Amoled display, top performance.

Only niggle is the FOD (Fingerprint on display using custom roms)

Good phone.

John Tempus

Expert Member
Ok, dropped the price to R6000.

At this price whoever takes it would essentially be robbing me but I am losing more just having it sit in the box so time to just liquidate it.

John Tempus

Expert Member
Does this model have NFC?
Yes it does have NFC.

Main Features:
● With 48.0MP ultra-high definition, each detail is perfectly preserved
● Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus with dual turbo boost for optimum gaming and everyday use
● 6.39 inch AMOLED display, supports smart environment adaptation, intelligently adjusting the display according to the surroundings to give you a more natural viewing experience
● The large 4000mAh battery is sufficient for up to 2 days of normal usage
● 27W fast charge can quickly restore full power
Supports multifunctional NFC
● Under-screen fingerprint sensor