Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
Ive been having a problem recently (only last 2 months or so).

If I play media over the network, but use Kodi or VLC, it will play fine for about 40-50m, then it will randomly freeze. If I exit, go back in and play again it plays past that point only to freeze again after a while. If I play the same thing on other devices its fine. Its just happening on VLC and Kodi, Netflix is fine.

Could it be overheating? I recently cable tied it in a vertical position to the back of my TV mount. Its a swivel mount so there is more than enough room for airflow.

koogs

I am looking for an app to use for video playback from an external HDD connected by USB.

Besides VLC what are the other options?

Deanoblado

Is hardware acceleration enabled? Theres a setting somewhere in Kodi.
Yes i did check that. I used to have a link where someone posted the settings for best performance. can find it now. want to make sure everything is still correct.

Rockingross

Hi Guys,

I get a video playback error when watching from the DSTVNow app. Netfix and other streaming channels are fine. Any suggestions??

SamWill

Hi Guys,

I get a video playback error when watching from the DSTVNow app. Netfix and other streaming channels are fine. Any suggestions??
I get that sometimes. A reboot usually fixes it or I exit the app and then go back in.

greg_SA

Expert Member
I am looking for an app to use for video playback from an external HDD connected by USB.

Besides VLC what are the other options?
I use MX PLayer for all my playback - local files and streaming. THere are some setting that you'll need to do. For e.g. make sure it uses the HW+ decoder first. I think there are some separate audio codecs that need installing too.

silkman

Expert Member
I've downloaded ES File Explorer and want to copy and past files from the Internal SD Card to my External HDD but I keep getting the error "Operation failed. Cannot complete action". How do I copy some files onto my HDD? Thanks

MDE

Expert Member
I've downloaded ES File Explorer and want to copy and past files from the Internal SD Card to my External HDD but I keep getting the error "Operation failed. Cannot complete action". How do I copy some files onto my HDD? Thanks

Check if your external hard drive has read/write permissions otherwise you wont be able to write to it. Also what format is your drive?

silkman

Expert Member
Check if your external hard drive has read/write permissions otherwise you wont be able to write to it. Also what format is your drive?
Definitely has read/write permissions- It's NTFS formatted

stede

I'm getting the same message on my H96 Max Plus.. I have an option to go into another folder called "My Files" Here I can do transfers anyway I want to with no issues. I'm sure the Mi box must have the same option.