Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
No ads but there was a an app line which some out there claimed cannot be removed and may be used to serve ads etc. For now we are good atleast on the Mi Box until they make a permanent change similar to amazon and fire tv and showcasing their titles or basically advertising their stuff on the top row.
Thanks. It is exactly this new line of apps that everyone is complaining about.

I will hold off updating the android tv core for a while.

phly

Expert Member
Thanks. It is exactly this new line of apps that everyone is complaining about.

I will hold off updating the android tv core for a while.
With the first update you could turn it off - problem started when some people started saying that even if you turn it off it doesnt stay off and comes up again - On my end its either off or the very last row at the bottom so its not a bother

Speedster

Executive Member
With the first update you could turn it off - problem started when some people started saying that even if you turn it off it doesnt stay off and comes up again - On my end its either off or the very last row at the bottom so its not a bother
It's at the bottom for me too. I didn't even know it was there until I went looking for it after reading these posts

micham03

Thanks. I had a look and only 2 apps are installed on the SanDisk drive. I have about 500mb left on the mibox. I am thinking of uninstalling the apps I installed and see where they go when I install them again. The apps installed are Netflix, Dstv, deezer, youtube kids, Spotify, crunchyroll, analiti, kodi, vlc, x-plore, mx player, file linked and the pre-installed Google apps
Hmmm, that is strange. Maybe it is your USB hub, as mentioned above, I use CE LINK Ethernet USB hub. I have DSTV Now, Cyberflix, IPTV app, Cinema HD, Titanium, Abc app, Apk Time,AdGurad,Aptoide, Aptoide TV, bbc media player, bbc iplayer, CBS news, Comedy Central, Filelinked, filmon tv, Kids click, mobdro, netflix live lounge, showbox, skynews, and many more

mercury12

Expert Member
Hmmm, that is strange. Maybe it is your USB hub, as mentioned above, I use CE LINK Ethernet USB hub. I have DSTV Now, Cyberflix, IPTV app, Cinema HD, Titanium, Abc app, Apk Time,AdGurad,Aptoide, Aptoide TV, bbc media player, bbc iplayer, CBS news, Comedy Central, Filelinked, filmon tv, Kids click, mobdro, netflix live lounge, showbox, skynews, and many more
Which VPN do you use to run BBC?

LandyMan

Executive Member
So this morning couldn't switch on the Mi with remote. Asked Google home to switch it on. Went on and wanted to pair the remote. Nothing worked, so I rebooted, and then the remote paired. Very strange behaviour

spiff

Expert Member
hi guys

was planning on buying 1 of these Mi Box things but I see there is some issues with it?

is it still worth buying? or not?

LandyMan

Executive Member
hi guys

was planning on buying 1 of these Mi Box things but I see there is some issues with it?

is it still worth buying? or not?
I believe it is still worth it ... these niggly little things can be a nuisance, but the benefits totally outweigh a reboot here and there

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
how is the remote on the Mi Box?

I bought a cheap android tv box "Intellybox" yesterday from macro and the remote is rubbish. can't scroll down when using netflix or anything else.

unless I'm missing something?
Those cheap boxes all come with spoeg en plak Netflix just to be able to advertise them as Netflix supported, The Mi Box runs Android TV and officially supports Netflix so it works perfectly.

phly

Expert Member
I see the new update to VLC also has its "streams or what you are watching" on the play next tab - looks like more and more companies are utilizing or making use of rows to showcase their products or enhance the experience similar to netflix.