Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

Ruxin

I got my Mi Box S yesterday, anyway around the NTFS issue?

If I install Kodi would I then be able to read my HDD?

Last edited:

Dolby

Honorary Master
Does anyone have issues on 5.1 sound, specifically Netflix?

So it seems the LIT box works and there's no issue, yet.

My brother said that previously, it happened within 30 seconds ... and so far on the LIT box, nothing. Obviously he's just got it and needs to play a longer movies etc, but first impression is it is better.

Guess there could be a Mi box for sale soon

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
So it seems the LIT box works and there's no issue, yet.

My brother said that previously, it happened within 30 seconds ... and so far on the LIT box, nothing. Obviously he's just got it and needs to play a longer movies etc, but first impression is it is better.

Guess there could be a Mi box for sale soon
Is the lit box Google certified?

Dolby

Honorary Master
Is the lit box Google certified?

It's everything that the Mi box is and more ... so it's running Android TV 8.x (Oreo) with both Netflix and Google Certification.

It's got the added benefit of an Ethernet port and extra USB port - and no Netflix HDMI 5.1 issue

Jasop

It's everything that the Mi box is and more ... so it's running Android TV 8.x (Oreo) with both Netflix and Google Certification.

It's got the added benefit of an Ethernet port and extra USB port - and no Netflix HDMI 5.1 issue

Besides the Ethernet port which I don't need on any of my 3 miboxes, I don't see anything of benefit ... On lit box don't you need to sideload one of the apps ... DStv or Netflix or similar?

Edit: words

Last edited:

crawler

Expert Member

Has it got cast function?

If all apps work straight from playstore like mibox and Netflix with nou sound issue I'm willing to give try

Where can one buy, indicative price?

As shield is just too pricey

ridr

Besides Ethernet port which I don't use on any of my 3 miboxes I don't see anything benefit ... On lit box don't you need to sidelisf one of the apps ... DStv or Netflix or similar?

That was before the update to 8. My LIT box works the same as my MI box now.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Besides Ethernet port which I don't use on any of my 3 miboxes I don't see anything benefit ... On lit box don't you need to sidelisf one of the apps ... DStv or Netflix or similar?
It does everything and more, for less money outplayed . That's the benefit.