Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

StoneCold

Expert Member
Sometimes I manually check if there is a new android system update and it appears there is. But it says upgrade to Android TV 8.0 (which I'm already on). It also includes bug fixes and stability improvements and supports more USB ethernet devices. Size is 68.9mb. Anyone else also see this update on their MiBox's? I've got the Mi Box 3.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Sometimes I manually check if there is a new android system update and it appears there is. But it says upgrade to Android TV 8.0 (which I'm already on). It also includes bug fixes and stability improvements and supports more USB ethernet devices. Size is 68.9mb. Anyone else also see this update on their MiBox's? I've got the Mi Box 3.
Someone on reddit said the kernel version has changed and it appears to have fixed the audio dropouts people were talking about the other day with Netflix and Dolby Digital+.

zulusailor

Someone on reddit said the kernel version has changed and it appears to have fixed the audio dropouts people were talking about the other day with Netflix and Dolby Digital+.
Yes, also spotted this morning and installed. Haven't had a chance to check for any changes. Hoping it might be a precursor to a new Showmax app which includes live sport.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
I've been watching Netflix with 5.1 for about an hour now without a single dropout, it does look like they fixed it.

@Dolby I'm sure your brother is happy with the LIT but if he still has the Mi Box he should try it out.

Dolby

Honorary Master
I've been watching Netflix with 5.1 for about an hour now without a single dropout, it does look like they fixed it.

@Dolby I'm sure your brother is happy with the LIT but if he still has the Mi Box he should try it out.
Awesome thanks!

I'll tell him to give it a go!

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Same here...

Was on my way to get shield. Can luckily save this money now
I just used Kodi with EAC3 to AC3 transcoding but that was a schlep having to open Kodi and then an addon and then browse a list view.

I watched a whole movie today, finished half of an episode I was busy with and the first 5 minutes of I Am Mother and not single audio cutout happened like it normally did using the Netflix app.

I see the kernal version is actually the same as the previous one but this one has a build date of 30 May 2019, I unfortunately didn't check the date beforehand but the last update wasn't between 30 May and today so we know it's new.

Dolby

Honorary Master

Thanks for that ... he says it's working now actually.

It was also the only issue he had with the box - so much happier.

He did ask me to ask you, did you (or do you) ever have a drop out when changing the volume?

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Thanks for that ... he says it's working now actually.

It was also the only issue he had with the box - so much happier.

He did ask me to ask you, did you (or do you) ever have a drop out when changing the volume?
I've never had that no.

naeem.ally

My Mi Box is pretty much perfect now, I can't think of any other issues I have left after the DD+ fix.
Same here. Even the wake up feature seems to be working really well.
Only issue I sometimes have is the remote loses connection if it’s far away from the box for a while. Cannot re-pair, Only a reboot sorts it out.

GrootBaas

After all the updates I still have 2 issues left that is just a little painful, but can live with it.

The wake up issue still exists but normally hammering the keys resolve this. Only once a week or so does it require an unplug.

And then I have come home a few times to where the box switched itself on and my TV went on as a result as well.

But all in all extremely happy with the purchase.

keithreddy25

Hi all, recently purchased a MiBox S and would like to understand how can I get the best audio from the device.
My home theater system is a bit outdated (Samsung HT-F450K) only has an HDMI out.

I am currently using audio via a Bluetooth receiver on the Aux input but the quality isn't that great and the damn thing dies quickly.

Vernon

Expert Member
Only issue I sometimes have is the remote loses connection if it’s far away from the box for a while. Cannot re-pair, Only a reboot sorts it out.
Take out one of the batteries and then put it back. That usually works for me.