Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

David101

Un-boxed and installed my S last night...
Nifty lil' thing and super easy to set up. And small wow

GrootBaas

Without going back through this thread, is it worth buying the Sparkfox remote (which I believe was recommended here many many pages ago).

Anyone that have one that can give feedback? I'm not a gamer at all - don't even now what Steamlink is that I saw was mentioned earlier, but thought it will be a nice addon to have. Some light entertainment (thinking NES emulator, Mario brothers like in the old days :) ) for when there is really nothing to do or to keep my nephew busy when he is around.

@theratman I see you have one, any thoughts now that you've had it for a while?

skinndeep

Expert Member
My Netflix just loads and loads. Tried updating and uninstalling updates. Same issue. Any fix?

Bryan Villain

I have a Mibox S which is completely updated. Everything works great but I have the following confusing things happening. On DSTVnow when I open something to watch it says "Video playback paused. You are now using mobile data.". I click continue and can watch as normal. Not sure why this happens. Showmax has a bigger problem. No matter the setting for capping my picture is pixelated.... I eventually sideloaded an old version and it works perfectly but play constantly wants to update it. When updated I am back to square one. Any ideas?

Bryan Villain

Oddly enough I just figured it out. I was connected via LAN and not wifi. I've tried on wifi and it auto updated my showmax app. Dstvnow warning has also disappeared. Bizarre.

FlashSA

Executive Member
My Mi Box 3 has started doing funny things with YouTube. If I seek forward in a video, it then reboots the device and it even landed on the boot recovery page with the android man once. Turned it off and on and it came back fine until I tried to seek again. Very strange

Nikkel

Oddly enough I just figured it out. I was connected via LAN and not wifi. I've tried on wifi and it auto updated my showmax app. Dstvnow warning has also disappeared. Bizarre.
It sees LAN connection as mobile data hence the warning.

micham03

My Mi Box 3 has started doing funny things with YouTube. If I seek forward in a video, it then reboots the device and it even landed on the boot recovery page with the android man once. Turned it off and on and it came back fine until I tried to seek again. Very strange
following : been having this for months now it became worse i even factory reset the box

Micdew

Hi guys, planning on getting rugbypass but need a vpn services. New to VPN. Best VPN service to get for my box?

scudsucker

Expert Member
I have a question about apps, rather than the hardware, but it seems that I'll most likely get an answer here.

In two apps, Showmax and Spotify, I am able to choose a movie/music.

But in both, I cannot work out how to exit. So when I have finished watching something in Showmax the only way I can exit is using the "home" button to get to the main menu.

If I choose Showmax again, it takes me to the movie I was watching again. A similar thing happens with Spotify, I am trapped in a 70s road trip collection.

There is clearly something I am missing. But... what is it? I would like a "back" option in the nav to appear, but I dont see one.

enerdude

I have a question about apps, rather than the hardware, but it seems that I'll most likely get an answer here.

In two apps, Showmax and Spotify, I am able to choose a movie/music.

But in both, I cannot work out how to exit. So when I have finished watching something in Showmax the only way I can exit is using the "home" button to get to the main menu.

If I choose Showmax again, it takes me to the movie I was watching again. A similar thing happens with Spotify, I am trapped in a 70s road trip collection.

There is clearly something I am missing. But... what is it? I would like a "back" option in the nav to appear, but I dont see one.
What remote are you using? The back button on the remote should usually do the trick when pressed repeatedly. If you using a third party keyboard / mouse combo usually pressing ESC does the same. Else try pressing the right mouse button repeatedly.

scudsucker

Expert Member
What remote are you using? The back button on the remote should usually do the trick when pressed repeatedly. If you using a third party keyboard / mouse combo usually pressing ESC does the same. Else try pressing the right mouse button repeatedly.
I have the original remote & a third party one, with keyboard. I shall try your suggestions. Thank you.

Nikkel

Unless I'm doing something wrong, that didn't do a full close for me
IIRC with Spotify there's an exit or close tab on its page... Showmax the back button on remote works as it should...