Expert Member
Does the mi box support hdr?

When I use the TVs Plex app I get HDR.
But on the mi box I get 4k.

So I need a better HDMI cable?

Mi box:

TV:

Roger Banana

I’ve read through quite a few pages here, but I couldn’t find the poor Wi-Fi solution. My box isn’t that far from the router, and all other devices work well in the room of the box. However, this box struggles with the WiFi and I can hardly do anything. Any tips?

Edit: just read a few more pages and seems like it may be a 2.4Ghz issue. I don’t have 5Ghz so is there no other fix? Quite poor product IMO when every other device in the room has 100% signal - especially since the device doesn’t even provide an Ethernet option.

Last edited:

crawler

I’ve read through quite a few pages here, but I couldn’t find the poor Wi-Fi solution. My box isn’t that far from the router, and all other devices work well in the room of the box. However, this box struggles with the WiFi and I can hardly do anything. Any tips?

Edit: just read a few more pages and seems like it may be a 2.4Ghz issue. I don’t have 5Ghz so is there no other fix? Quite poor product IMO when every other device in the room has 100% signal - especially since the device doesn’t even provide an Ethernet option.
LAN adapter...

You on latest software?

Strawberry_M

So far, been sitting here almost 2 hours, watching a ladies talk show on itv 1. No buffering. Had some buffering earlier on Sky Sport, but wasn't on there long enough to really good test. Also watched TLC and Disney channel for a while, with no buffering. Take in mind, I'm on a 3MB WISP "line" and I can hear my daughter in the other room on Youtube. I'll PM what I got and you can try.
hi
What have you got? I am wanting more variety.
tx
s

David101

LAN adapter...

You on latest software?
All of a sudden on same issue. Box just cannot pick up my router. It sees al the bloody surrounding wifi's, but mine, 6 ft away, norra fruck.
"Soon"....MiBox for sale
"Reason"...Ematic

beans100

Honorary Master
Which makes me think. I wonder how many of the other WiFi issues mentioned in this thread can be attributed to channel selection
Yes, most tech savvy people will tinker around if it's not working. Trying different things, till it work. The rest just plug in and if it's not working, come straight here and dis the device, without even asking for help.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Which makes me think. I wonder how many of the other WiFi issues mentioned in this thread can be attributed to channel selection
There are WiFi issues with these devices. That is the main issue. The channel selection will only be a minor subset of those issues